Fish House

Fish and Chips

Call Fish House to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of Fish House

The traditional East End chippy isn’t dead. It lives on, revived and revamped, in the form of Fish House in gentrified Victoria Park Village. The business has a takeaway on one side and a sit-down restaurant on the other, allowing it to service locals in search of a quick fish supper as well as the family parties that descend on E9 for an inter-generational weekend lunch. Dark-wood flooring and white-tiled walls are jazzed up by a startling close-up photo of an octopus. Expertly fried fish – be it cod, haddock, plaice, scampi, rock or skate, with proper chips – can be eaten in or out, with the requisite extras (pickled eggs, thickly buttered bread, and a banana split for afters: all present and correct). For more dressed-up occasions, there’s a list of seafood-friendly wines and blackboard specials such as lemon sole with shrimp butter, and scallops with asparagus hollandaise.

Good to know about Fish House

Best Fish & Chips

Location for Fish House

126-128 Lauriston Road, London, E9 7LH

Opening Times of Fish House

Mon-Sun 12N-10pm (Sat-Sun 11am- )

Reviews of Fish House

Ms/Mrs. Elaine M

18 March 2012
Having visited The Fish House on approximately 4 different occasions in the last year, we decided to take my mother for an early evening supper on Mother's Day. The restaurant was as busy as ever and we were seated fairly quickly. And then the problems began. 10 minutes later, we had still not been asked if we would like a drink, despite the fact that a number of staff were clearing tables and hovering around. I asked the young man who appeared to be standing day-dreaming if he could take our order, which he did. Our drinks were eventually delivered, minus the glass of water that I had requested. I smilingly asked the waiter not to forget my water and he said that he had but that he would bring it. Our food arrived approximately fifteen minutes later. I had the plaice special of the day and the others had cod and chips and mushy peas. We finished our meal and sat there wondering whether to have a dessert. And continued to sit there, again with absolutely no attention from the waiting staff. I eventually called our waiter and asked if I could have the bill which he brought to us. I told him that unfortunately I would not be leaving a tip because the service had been appalling. He shrugged and obviously could not have cared less. Whatever happened to asking how your meal was!! We left after a disappointing Mother's Day experience, particularly as we had really liked this restaurant when we previously visited. It was extremely busy and obviously doing well but such a shame that standards appear to be falling.

Other restaurants near Fish House

You are requesting to book Fish House for people on at