Emile's

International

About Emile's

Emile’s “still retains the enthusiasm of someone just starting a restaurant, even though it’s around for more than 25 years”, notes a fan of this long-serving Putney favourite. This is a very seemly local bolthole, where staff serve dinner with grace, and the oft-changing menu’s set pieces are well-loved by a contingent of mostly mature regulars. The ‘individually baked’ beef Wellington remains a speciality, although it keeps company with more modish dishes ranging from carpaccio of foie gras with heritage beetroot and walnut oil to blackened pork tenderloin with kohlrabi, mooli, sweet potato, Parmesan and rosemary gnocchi. Fish-eaters could choose roast hake with mussel, chickpea and smoked paprika chowder, while desserts remain staunchly traditional, with sticky toffee pudding and chocolate brownie heading the list. Terrific service and a “superb-value” wine list earn bonus points, as does Emile’s ‘collect and cook’ service for home entertaining.

Good to know about Emile's

Tues-Sat 7.30-11pm

Reviews of Emile's

Lost the edge...
20 July 2017
We have eaten at emiles several times and always had a lovely time and delicious food. It was my birthday celebration and we met with my family looking forward to a bountiful feast. Unfortunately the chicken dish my Wife and mother had were so dry and tasteless. We obviously complained but little was done to rectify the problem.. they offered to give a glass of wine but this was still charged to us and only one meal was taken off the bill. The waiter serving us also didn't really Seem interested, rather exhausted.. so the evening ended with a sour and expensive taste in the mouth which was a disappointment after having such a lovely time at Emile's normally. .. and in my birthday!

Ms/Mrs. Sarah P

Lovely as ever ...
21 August 2013
Emile's is a lovely local restaurant with friendly staff, good quality food and wine. The menu is changed monthly and is at a very reasoanble price and tastes delicious!

Ms/Mrs. Holly S

16 February 2012
Emile's is THE perfect local restaurant. We were introduced to this restaurant by friends and we now go back regularly for special occasions, romantic evenings, or just fun evenings out with friends. Their menu is different every time we go but for the signature dish – individual beef wellington with madeira jus – which is to die for. I try to order something different every visit but I struggle as this is my favourite! The service is always excellent and the wine list is amazingly well-priced, particularly the Fine Wine selection. My only criticism (and I'm scraping the barrel here) is that on cold nights make sure you don't get put at a table by the front door as there's quite a draft every time people walk in and out.

Mr. Ted T

18 October 2010
As a Putney resident this is my favourite restaurant by far, amazing value, great wine list that isn't overly priced and they always try to offer the best seasonal food on the menu. The individually baked beef wellingtons are perfectly cooked and if you’re other guests don't order it watch them have food envy when it arrives and you cut it open. Atmosphere is very friendly and welcoming, a must try for anyone in SW15, try and get a table upstairs as downstairs lacks any natural light and has a slight cellar bar feel to it, unless you like that kind of thing. Deserts are good and are presented as a list on a chalk board at your table, cheese selection is also good and they make one of the best Irish coffee's in the area. The only negative I can say is even though the food is served timely and with a professional manner I feel they could do with 1 or 2 more extra waiting staff as they all seemed a bit rushed off their feet but that doesn't really effect things to much, you may have to top up your own win every now and then but that’s not a huge negative in my book.

Ms/Mrs. cecille M

22 October 2008
The decor may be tired but the service was exceptional. For somone who suffers from food intolerance's/allergies I really could not recommend a better placet o eat.

Other restaurants near Emile's

You are requesting to book Emile's for people on at