Eight Over Eight

Call Eight Over Eight to make a booking on:

About Eight Over Eight

“Buzzy”, “busy”, “exciting”’ – 14 years in and Eight Over Eight still wears the crown as the epicentre of grown-up “party” fun on the King’s Road. The Zen-like black and white interiors, oriental screens and fluted lampshades have remained timeless, with chopstick holders and napkin dispensers keeping everything the right side of informal. Tables fill up quickly with “the usual pretty people”, all lured by the prospect of some celeb spotting and a super-friendly menu of “excellent” pan-Asian classics. From spare ribs with black bean sauce and yellowtail sashimi with citrus dressing to Malaysian lamb curry and the in-demand black cod with sweet miso, you’ll struggle to find a dud dish. Even the crispy banoffee spring rolls are a good shout. The streetside bar is equally popular thanks to its roster of top-notch Asian-themed cocktails, with the Pomegranate Margarita scoring particularly highly. Service is “quick” and the “friendly and chatty” staff keep the mood upbeat.

Good to know about Eight Over Eight

Buzzy, Cool, Fun
Celebrities, Dates, Romantic, Special occasions

SquareMeal lists featuring Eight Over Eight

SquareMeal Silver Awards Best restaurants in Chelsea

Location for Eight Over Eight

392 King's Road, London, SW3 5UZ

Opening Times of Eight Over Eight

Mon-Sun 12N-3pm (Sat-Sun -4pm) Mon-Sun 6-11pm (Sun -10.30pm)

Reviews of Eight Over Eight

26 November 2015

Have always loved Eight Over Eight, my only reservation being that when given an 8.30pm slot, one is expected to leave after 2 hours, just when one is really getting into one's stride. I had dinner there recently on a Friday night with another couple and had a very good evening. At 8.15pm there was still room to sit at the bar where I had 2 very delicious pomegranate margaritas, made with just the right amount of crushed ice. The place soon filled up with the usual pretty people, and as always there was a great buzz, and feeling of bonhomie and anticipation. The food was excellent - dim sum, pork belly, sticky rice, delicious prawns. Everything was eaten. The service was quick and the waiters were friendly and chatty. Everyone was friendly! Olly Murs sitting at the back was friendly, despite being hassled by two tanked up middle-aged women (of which I was one). A girl my friend and I bumped into downstairs in the loo was friendly - and got us into Raffles later. So, if you're looking for a bright, fun, busy, exciting atmosphere with excellent cocktails, wine and delicious Pan Asian food, in the heart Chelsea, this is the place for you.

16 January 2015

I have darkened these doors for more than a decade and love the place; the food, the humming bar, the relatively edgy staff (for SW3 that is) and the overall vibe. I nearly always have a similar version of the same; edamame, chilli salt squid, prawn and chive steamed dumplings, sea bass sashimi, black cod with the greens of the day. Last night I added soft shell crab tempura with a wasabi sauce to the mix as my brother in law insisted. We couldn't fault the food though the portion of sea bass sashimi was paltry bordering on mean - either find a better way to present a nil by mouth serve (á la Zuma) or large it up a little! I'm writing this review because the service was really odd. The welcome was warm as always, and after a quick vodka tonic at the bar, we were seated. The booking was for 9.00pm and we sat down on the dot. Everything as always appeared within an instant, and so I took the precaution, as I always do nowadays, of ordering in parts to slow them down a touch. My plan didn't immediately permeate their collective conscience, in fact it wasn't until we were handed the bill on finishing our main courses that I had to finally request they focus a little more on our timetable rather than theirs. The more I purposefully stalled the ordering, the more they briskly returned to pressure a response on the next morsel of delight, whilst at the same time clearing plates before they were properly finished - something that really irritates as I was one of those lucky little mites brought up to finish everything on ones plate. I wondered for a moment whether there was yet another sitting at 11.00pm, before remembering there wasn't. On beckoning one of the managers over to request some tea or coffee instead of the bill, he was quick to recognise the error and amusing enough for us to let it slide, but it was the epitaph to a fairly aggressively served meal all evening. With one bottle of white and a V&T each before, the bill came to GBP175.00 Come on 8o8, for that price, I expect to be left a little more alone to enjoy the occasion, not get treated like I'm holding up the queue at Subway!

24 November 2014

A fairly reliable "oldie" on Kings Road (leaving aside their closure following a fire a while back). Its a pan-Asian fusion offering with a nice (although typically rather crowded and noisy) bar. In particular on weekends the place is typically quite buzzing and while the food isn't in the league of the super modern Asian offerings (like a Zuma, Hakkasan etc) it is rather pleasing and to be fair priced accordingly (although this part of town is never going to be cheap). Good and reliable dishes include fried squid, pork belly, sushi/sashimi and the likes of black cod etc. Decent wine offering (again neither on the cheap nor completely overprized side) and service. For value-for-money option try out deals on Sunday eating (where they often offer significant discount on the food prices if you join their email news)

01 January 0001

01 April 2011

We absolutely loved our evening at Eight over Eight. The staff was wonderful and the food even better. It is a very trendy and lively place but suitable for all ages. The food is just amazing and better than so many Michelin-star restaurants we've tried. I highly recommend it.

Other restaurants near Eight Over Eight