Australia’s oldest family-owned winery, Yalumba, has partnered up with July’s Womad festival in Wiltshire this year and we’ve got a fantastic family glamping prize to give away to one lucky reader. Read on to find out more about Yalumab and Womad, as well as how to enter.
Founded in 1849, Yalumba have over 166 years of winemaking history in South Australia’s Barossa Valley under their belt. They have been devoted to crafting wines that reflect a thoughtful interpretation of grape, the land around, and their house-style.
An integral part of the Yalumba culture is to educate and excite people in order to enhance the experience of drinking and sharing their wines. Being part of the incredible Womad festival provides a fantastic opportunity to share their philosophies and love of wine.
Not only will festival goers be able to enjoy delicious Yalumba wines from bars across the site, but they will also sample some of the renowned winery’s finest offerings. All this alongside delicious food cooked up by Womad artists at the Taste the World stage.
The Taste the World stage is truly unique to Womad and an integral part of the festival experience. A fusion of food and music, musicians performing at the festival are given the opportunity to cook up a storm and introduce audiences to dishes from their own countries. Displays are entwined with fascinating insights into their culture, musical interludes and intimate personal anecdotes.
Yalumba will also be offering exclusive wine tasting sessions and talks to compliment the incredible food on offer. Winery brand ambassadors will give festival goers an insight into the craft of creating a wine that is 100% vegan and vegetarian friendly, making it the ethical choice.
On top of their shared values, both Womad and Yalumba are deeply engrained in the cultural histories of their countries: Yalumba is arguably Australia’s biggest wine success story, while Womad has established itself as a staple on the UK festival circuit after 34 years on the scene.
As part of this year’s partnership with Womad festival, Yalumba is offering one lucky reader the chance to win a luxury glamping package to Womad for a family of four, including wine. Taking place in Charlton Park, Wiltshire, Womad 2016 runs 28-31 July.
For your chance to win, simply answer this question and provide your name, email address and a contact telephone number: When was Yalumba founded?
Competition terms and conditions
1. This Promotion is only open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 or over, excluding employees of Squaremeal and members of these employee’s families (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouse and life partners), plus any other associated agents or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion. By entering this promotion, participants confirm to be aged 18 or over.
2. Promotion period: enter between 12.00 GMT on Tuesday 7 – Friday 24 June 2016.
3. No purchase necessary.
4. All entries must be received by the end of the promotion period to be valid and no liability is accepted for incomplete or late entries.
5. The prize carries no cash value, is non-transferable, non-refundable, there is no cash alternative and the prize may not be substituted by the winner. The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
6. Winner notification: winners will be contacted by Squaremeal within five working days of the end of the competition and will be required to respond by supplying all details requested in the message, to confirm eligibility plus acceptance of the prize and conditions within three days of initial contact. In the event a winner does not respond to communications within the three days of initial contact, the promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner and allocate that prize to an alternate winner selected in the same manner.
7. By entering this promotion, all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions.
This article was published 7 May 2016