Cibo

SquareMeal Review of Cibo

To the west of Holland Park, smart Cibo occupies an odd-looking room with gleaming white walls adorned with rather tacky ‘3D’ cartoons of naked women, spotlights & an assortment of vases that look like auction cast-offs. Nevertheless, Cibo’s chefs know what they are doing & wheel out expertly cooked Italian dishes with a flourish. There’s nothing too revolutionary here, so expect whole fish (perhaps sea bream) baked in wine, herbs & tomatoes or grilled veal cutlets with rosemary. Pastas are classy & mouthwatering –try ravioli filled with pheasant or the lavish lobster spaghetti. For dessert, zabaglione is given an update with figs, while tiramisu is ever-present. The all-Italian wine list is pretty reasonable, considering the area, with house vino priced at £18.50.

Italian

Reviews of Cibo

Mr. Anthony S

Fabulous Cibo.
04 November 2019

26 years ago when my daughter was born, for the for 6 months we did not go out to dinner.  I had saved up enough for a blow out, arranged for the M-i-L to babysit and my wife gave me a choice of 2 restaurants to pick from.  Although half way across London I chose the Italian - Cibo.  We were rewarded with the sort of meal that you could only have in Italy.

From then on Cibo became our place, the food and hospitality has over the last 26 years always been consistantly marvelous, and now that we live outside of London it has become my family's goto place.  When I asked my rather sophisticated daughter where would she like to celebrate her birthday - she answered Cibo.

I strongly recommend you to try it, and you will know exactly what I mean.

Mr. James C

Excellent.Absolutely Authentic High Italian.Ex Hang out of Bryan Ferry in 1970s/80s
24 February 2014
What primarily drew me to this restaurant was that it was favourite of Celebrity Bryan Ferry of Roxy Music in the good old days when he lived in Kensington. And smooth it is too! The decor is like some Arty Italianate Costa Amalfi Villa statues and all pastels and art.You really feel transported. When I dined it was filled with old Harrovian types all very gentlemanly and sedate. Not everyones cup of tea in Shepherds Bush but OK if you are comfy with that. The bread and stuff was all really nice like real Sicily. The Squid on Spaghetti was great with real black ink etc used to advantage very unusual. Service was casually attentive and fairly relaxed You didnt feel like you had six searchlights glaring at you throughout the meal as the Manager got on with his business behind the bar. Opening hours were a bit erratic like only in Evenings sometimes. Pricey but worth it a real experience just to say youve dined there. You really tune into Ferrys'taste .

Other restaurants near Cibo

You are requesting to book Cibo for people on at .