Italian, Pizza

About Bocconcino

Moscow-meets-Amalfi at this Russian-backed Italian, which - on the plate at least – does a pretty good job of whisking you away to an Italian trattoria. Cavernous Mayfair-by-numbers interiors (Imposing reception desk? Tick. Plush beige seats? Tick. Columns, muted colour scheme and lots of giant chandeliers? Tick, tick, tick.) are a million miles away from an alfresco table at a piazza, but it’s the quality of ingredients and an expert pasta chef that does the talking here.

We kicked off with a creamy, oozing buratta with cherry tomatoes and some exquisite wafer-thin coppa, before being bowled over by the quality of the freshly made pasta. Bright yellow tagliatelle swimming in a buttery sauce and topped with a decadent, perfumed and nutty black truffle, and a comparatively rustic (but devilishly hard to perfect) pici cacio e pepe – tagiatelle with pecorino Romano and black pepper – were truly bellisimo. The lengthy menu also features a host of trattoria staples – veal Milanese, frittura mista - as well as over a dozen pizzas. For desert, hazelnut semi-freddo is a good pick. This being Mayfair, service is top-notch and there’s a sommelier to help guide you through the Italian wine list, although none of this comes for cheap.

Good to know about Bocconcino

Italian, Pizza
Big and bold, Formal, Glamorous, Traditional
Special occasions
Brunch

SquareMeal lists featuring Bocconcino

Best restaurants in Mayfair SquareMeal Silver Awards Best Italian restaurants in London Best pizza restaurants in London

Bocconcino Also Offers

Availability: Sun 12:00PM-10:30PM,Mon-Fri 12:00PM-11:00PM,Sat 12:00PM-6:30PM

Location for Bocconcino

19 Berkeley Street, London, W1J 8ED

Opening Times of Bocconcino

Mon-Sun 12N-12.30am (Sun -10.30pm)

Reviews of Bocconcino

16 July 2016

Very average food, moody service. Nice decor buts that's it. For the price there are much better options

16 June 2016

I had dinner a couple of weeks ago, enjoyed a few starters to share with friends and pasta dishes and pizzas that we all tried and shared. It is superb! The service was impeccable, very friendly and funny staff, the place is very clean and warm, we felt treated like kings and queens. The bill was very affordable considering we had so much to eat and a few bottles of wine between us. I still can't believe how great and unpretentious the place is for Mayfair! We initially thought we'd go to Novikov across the road, but seeing the prices did put us off for dinner since we were going out afterwards. I will always go to Bocconcino for dinner when going out in the westend afterwards. It sets up a great vibe, we were able to chat and laugh over dinner, followed by drinks and dance in Piccadilly.. that I won't remember much so I can't review the club sorry! I cannot recommend it more, seriously guys, go there it's absolutely lovely and delicious!

01 October 2015

This is the second time i have been here for lunch, I thought the first time I went and had a bad experience was a one off. But unfortunately i was wrong. We had to wait almost 20 minutes for waitress to take our orders, even after we made it blatantly obvious we wanted to order. Starters came after 20 minutes, we then had to wait nearly 45 minutes for our mains which did not even arrive at the same time. Two of our guests were served first, myself and my friend were served between 5 and 10 minutes later. This was exactly what happened last time I came. Total rubbish. Waitress gave us some BS excuse that the restaurant is very big. For a chef not to get food out on time is not acceptable especially if you have a business lunch on a tight schedule. Once i can overlook, twice is just incompetence. I will not be going back any time soon!!!

17 March 2015

Bocconcino is just around the corner from work, so we went there on a team lunch to try it out. The decor is absolutely beautiful inside, with natural colours, and beautiful patterns designed all over the ceiling. The front reception desk were very polite, and the waitress wasn't helpful nor unhelpful. There are many different Italian dishes to select from, making it very hard to choose what to have as everything sounded so good. The food came out in good time. I had the Gorgonzola and pear pizza, which was just incredible. They pair complimented the cheese very well. My friend had the seafood pasta dish and said it's the best seafood dish she's ever tried in London, and that's saying something!

Other restaurants near Bocconcino

You are requesting to book Bocconcino for people on at