Call Betty Blythe to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of Betty Blythe

A bijou homage to the 1920s, Betty Blythe (named after an early Hollywood sex symbol) is buried among the quiet residential streets behind Olympia. This cute tearoom & deli continues to thrive thanks to the steadfast patronage of local residents. The eclectic ground-floor room squeezes in a few tables among the displays of cakes, sandwiches, quiches & salads (all made in-house), with little more space to spare upstairs. Afternoon tea is taken seriously, & is served on silver platters by staff dressed in 1920s garb as Gatsby-era jazz swings from the speakers. Children’s tea parties – complete with face painting or biscuit decoration – pull in the yummy mummies. If the sun is shining, take advantage of the picnic service & grab a hamper full of goodies to devour in Holland Park.

Location for Betty Blythe

73 Blythe Road, London, W14 0HP

Mon-Fri 8am-6pm Sat 9am-5pm

Reviews of Betty Blythe

Unwelcoming atmosphere
25 February 2014
From the moment we arrived, we were interrogated by the waitress who wanted to seat myself and my 4 colleagues downstairs. 'Do you think you'll be here for more than an hour?' she asked. Apparently there was a booking downstairs in an hour. 'We're not sure.' I replied. I suggested to my colleagues that we sat upstairs, as there were two free tables. With a surprised look on her face, she rudely insisted ‘Oh really?! Most people leave within an hour.’ Completely bewildered by her attitude, I firmly responded 'Well, we're having a catchup and don't want to feel pressured.' In somewhat of an inconvenience, she seated us upstairs with two tables pushed together. That set the tone for the rest of our visit. Such a shame that the service was so poor and the atmosphere so frosty, because the cakes, coffee, tea and sandwiches were all lovely. Also the waitress who arrived shortly before we left was perfectly pleasant. Safe to say, I won't be returning here.

Ms/Mrs. Anna S

13 April 2010
I love this place and their picnic hampers are amazing

Other restaurants near Betty Blythe

You are requesting to book Betty Blythe for people on at .