Bellevue Rendezvous

French

SquareMeal Review of Bellevue Rendezvous

An odd-looking restaurant, Bellevue Rendezvous seems more warehouse than gourmet destination from the outside. Indoors, however, the sound & sight of happy diners is heart-warming. The place is run by a French couple: he, a man who knows his onions, in the kitchen; she, a woman who knows her customers, front of house. Their hospitality is appreciated by all. Choose either from the set menu (£20/£24 for two/three courses) or go à la carte & order smoked duck with celeriac remoulade, for instance, or orange & beetroot salad with walnuts, followed by confit of duck with lentils or a proper coq au vin served with gratin dauphinoise. Finish with Pablo’s ‘fantastic’ gateau, or a top-class almond tart. The relaxed atmosphere is helped by a well-priced French-centred wine list.

Good to know about Bellevue Rendezvous

Tues-Sun 12N-2.30pm Mon-Sun 6-10.30pm

Reviews of Bellevue Rendezvous

excellent french food
25 September 2016
Four of us dined at this wonderful little resturant, Limited menu but everything I an my partner have eaten there has been fabulous & beautifully presented, to say which dish I would recommend would be difficult I can't fault any, the only critisism I have is with one of the deserts the creme brulee left me rather flat no taste in the creme usually you have a little vanilla or citrus zest but this one was just custard. All the staff & the owner were wonderful, this was my third visit this year & won't be my last.

Ms/Mrs. Anastasia C

07 August 2014
My husband I are were really pleased with the new Bellevue Rendezvue, the changes are subtle but definitely an improvement. We sat in the terrace area, which was pleasant, a game of cricket going on across the road added to the atmosphere. We were looked after very well by the two French staff on duty, they were polite and attentive but did not fuss or hover over us. Food was good and the wine good value. It was a really nice evening out and we will be back very soon.

Mr. Timothy P

01 April 2014
We ate on a Sunday early evening, so few others we there; but it filled up over the time we were there. A limited menu allowed for nicely-prepared starters and main courses. We shared a fois gras terrine, grilled goat's cheese salad and a crab dish, and then had a couple of roast pork belly – wisely sliced in advance so each piece of the generous portion was nice and crispy. I had duck confit, a favourite dish, and very good it was too; each one had sufficient veg without having to order separately. Wine came in carafe choices, a growing trend that is much appreciated. The wait staff was very French.

Mr. Richard R

20 April 2012
We had a fabulous experience here. It's completely unpretentious yet the quality of food is stellar. The menu is pretty small but that probably helps them create each dish with such care. They serve up traditional French fare with no Michelin frills but the results are fantastic. The wine list is excellent too, dominated by good value French wines that complement the food perfectly. If you can't afford Chez Bruce then this is the place to eat superb French food in Wandsworth Common.

Other restaurants near Bellevue Rendezvous

You are requesting to book Bellevue Rendezvous for people on at