SquareMeal Review of 108 Brasserie & Bar

With multiple spaces this all-day dining destination in Marylebone has a warm and convivial atmosphere. Despite their French credentials they bring a distinctly British taste to the local culinary map with tried and tested favourites ranging from curry to burgers and everything in between.

Head to the restaurant for classics like fish & chips with pea puree and tartare sauce, or order one of the specialities from the Josper grill – paillarde of chicken with charred corn and sauce vierge, heritage rib eye steak with béarnaise, or whole dover sole served on or off the bone. Everything comes with that moreish charcoal flavour, and there are plenty of sides to choose from too. Please, we beg you, don’t skip dessert. The classic crème brulee is big enough for two to share (if a sudden generosity grips your heart in the moment) and comes with a satisfyingly hard top that shatters under your spoon like glass.

Service is attentive airing on the side of formal, while still remaining friendly with staff doing everything they can to ensure you have an enjoyable visit.

The menu is ideal for grazing too, where snacks like sticky wings with Asian slaw, spicy satay chicken tostadas and Thai summer rolls, ginger and sesame dipping sauce are on offer. Wash them down with some British inspired cocktails or the excellent English sparkler, Nyetimber by the glass. Even the G&Ts are served up well here, ice cold and finished with herbaceous garnishes.

Elsewhere their offering includes a juice bar and afternoon tea lounge. It’s at the latter where you’ll find their sweetly themed offerings, which change with the seasons. There’s also a vegan menu if required. If you’re looking for private dining in Marylebone 108 Brasserie have rooms available for groups, which make the ideal spot for a business  lunch or birthday bash.

British

Reviews of 108 Brasserie & Bar

Ms/Mrs. Jackie J

Nice ambience
15 November 2016
Booked easily through SquareMeal and got a courtesy call from 108 on the day to check we were coming. Early evening meal - three of us. I was not sure I liked the table we were given, as it was next to some stairs, but actually it was perfectly fine - not noisy or disturbed. The menu had plenty of choice and we all found what we liked. My first course of venison carpaccio was delicious - only really a couple of mouthfuls of food, but I was not looking for quantity. The pork with black pudding was also good (and bigger!) although the meat was a little dry and the crackling just too tough to tackle. Wine affordable with decent choice by the glass - enjoyed the Rioja. Service good - attentive enough. Very dim lighting, but seemed to work nicely in this location. Would come back.

Ms/Mrs. Vi Vian W

When quality ingredients meet a talented chef!
05 June 2016
108 Brasserie, Marylebone – Chef Russell Ford's famous Guiness brown bread £2.50 is moist, dense and has a slight sweetness, feels more like a cake. If you like your artisan bread, I'd highly recommend it. I was tempted to order it as a dessert. In ordinary words it is essentially bread and butter but this is in every way unimaginably good. June's dish of the month is a poached line caught wild salmon, sea vegetables, orange hollandaise £30.00. I honestly do not like to make cliché quotations but the wild salmon was poached to perfection - flakes off gently with a pink middle that makes me smile. My only slightest moan was that the hollandaise sauce was a slightly lumpy. A wine to pair with the salmon is this white Domaine de Montmarin Viognier 2014 France which has a prominent floral aroma but a sharp and tangy taste. Drinking this wine alone would not be my choice but I am amazed at how the wine tunes itself to the wild salmon. The sharp tangy taste is cut short and it somehow mellows out, even with the citrus presence in the fish. It is like magic and I thoroughly enjoyed it. We had a couple of side dishes but they were not necessary. The salmon itself was a generous helping but I could not resist the he grilled asparagus with olive oil, lemon and shaved Berswell (£4.50) when they are in season. Gently poached and quickly seared, perfect! Likewise with the Jersey royals mint (£4.50) my potato lover husband gave two thumbs up! The lovely potato skin, like a thin crispy membrane, and floury within was almost like eating a potato pop; I am not sure what that means but that's the sensation. I wish I'd had room for dessert! 108 Brasserie is part of the Marylebone hotel's Edwardian townhouse. The interior dining reflects a traditional bistro style furnished with rich red leather, burnt orange mohair upholstery, dark stained oak bar, antique mirrors and nickel detailing.

Ms/Mrs. Linsey B

a pleasant afternoon
04 September 2013
I spent the afternoon with my parents and after the long conversation and disagreements about where to eat we ended up outside 108 as I used to live in the area. We were greeted and seated quickly and with kind attentive staff, one waiter who served us was really kind to my parents and I was impressed as it was lunch my mum doesn't eat much. My food was excellent we had plenty of lovely bread good wine. It wasn't expensive and aside from it being really quiet the setting was just perfect. I would happily recommend it and hope it if you like a good long lunch! Delish.

Other restaurants near 108 Brasserie & Bar

You are requesting to book 108 Brasserie & Bar for people on at .