COVID-19 Update for Museum of London Docklands
Updated on 02 Sep 2020
Museum of London Docklands – Covid-19 protocols
Our 'delivering safe events' document includes the new Covid-19 secure procedures for events, in order to give organisers and delegates assurances that they will be welcomed into a safe enviroment.
This document takes organisers through the different areas of hosting an event with us, showcasing our new procedures from the initial enquiry stage right through to the event itself:
- We will communicate our social distancing guidelines, and provide revised capacities and floor plans that are Covid-19 compliant. We will also explain any changes to T&Cs and highlight any areas of responsibility that organisers must be aware of when holding an event with us.
- We’re encouraging virtual showrounds where possible and physical site visit must be pre-booked. One way routes will be implemented where possible, and hand sanitiser/hand washing facilities will be available on arrival and throughout the building
- Final planning meetings will be carried out online
- We’ll discuss hybrid event options in case delegates are unable to attend.
Arrival and departure
- All guests attending an event must be registered and the organiser must keep their details for up to 14 days post event
- A video for housekeeping will be sent prior to the event
- All staff onsite will be in PPE
- Face covering is required when delegates enter the Museum and the conference rooms.
- All room capacities have been amended to ensure distancing of 1m+ in all layouts
Monitoring and tracking
- The safety of our staff, suppliers, organisers and delegates is our priority so we ask any guests with symptoms not to visit the museum and any guest displaying a high temperature or any known symptoms at the entrance will be asked to return home
- Any guest who develops symptoms in the week after attending an event must contact us immediately.
- Touch free sanitiser dispensers across the Museum
- Dedicated toilet attendant to manage the flow of delegates
- Dedicated cleaner for events to ensure regular cleaning
- All event spaces have individual air con units and ample fresh air options
- Signage, barriers and floor markings throughout the venue to help social distancing requirements, encourage safe practices and good hygiene
- Lifts available for those who need it, however there are limited to 1 ‘bubble’ per lift and reserved for those with mobility issues
- We ask all guests come to the venue with their own PPE if they would like to wear it and to bring minimal belongings.
- Full venue deep clean before and after every event
- Increased cleaning of high-frequency touch points
All of these procedures will continue to be updated in line with UK government and WHO guidelines.
Extended version available on the Museum website.
Read more on their website