British, Fish

SquareMeal Review of Wright Brothers Soho

Korean fried whelks and clams could precede a brimming bowlful of Menai mussels at the Wright Brothers split-level Soho oyster house. But sparkling fresh seafood ‘au naturel’, such as oysters from the Channel Islands, the west coast of Scotland or Waterford in Ireland, continues to dominate. Those cockney favourites whelks and winkles are also on hand, though for a full exploration of the sea’s bounty you might prefer the likes of pan roasted Brixham ray wing with roasted cauliflower and bacon. The drinks list, ranging from cocktails to draught Asahi Dry beer, via a raft of seafood-friendly wines, is worth exploring too. Set in food-loving Kingly Court, the restaurant also boasts a private dining room and an alfresco courtyard.

British, Fish
Group dining [8+]
Food Hygiene Rating

Location for Wright Brothers Soho

13 Kingly Street, Soho, London, W1B 5PW

Mon-Sun 12N-11pm (Sun -10pm)

Reviews of Wright Brothers Soho

Kelly S

06 August 2019
Spitalfields is consistently good. The oysters always perfect, staff friendly.

Luis A

28 June 2019
Amazing seafood, oysters selection and personnel.

Chris H

D'Arenberg Wine Dinner
07 November 2018
I attended a wine pairing dinner in the cage by the kitchen. The story of D'Arenberg wines was very interesting and the food and wine pairings were delicious. This is the second wine pairing dinner I have attended at this venue and both were extremely well organised. The staff were welcoming and attentive. I highly recommend these types of dinners at this venue. Also try the cocktails in the bar. I recommend Ten Violets cocktail.

Laura E

27 June 2018
Love this restaurant, the seafood and the boutique feel inside. Even better I can claim vouchers, with my reward points.

Charlotte F

09 May 2017
Ambience is great, and food, service is impeccable. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a good honest seafood restaurant in the heart of Soho.

Great experience and food
20 September 2016
Had a great lunch! The serving staff helped with our selections especially describing the different oysters and the result was a fabulous meal. Lovely combinations of flavours served by a very attentive, knowledgeable but not over powering staff. Highly recommended

Vicki G

Amazing Service!
01 June 2016
Thank you so much to Richie who served us! I think this was perhaps the best service I have ever received. Super knowledgeable, helpful and incredibly attentive. The food was exceptional as was the atmosphere but the service by far out-shined a pretty incredible restaurant!

Laura E

17 May 2016
Fantastic seafood and service.

Piglet

Enjoyable meal
30 July 2015
We ate here last night and shared beef tataki (melt in the mouth), Burrata and aubergine caviar (delicious) and Madagascan tiger prawns with salad and fries, washed down with a nice bottle of Picpoul, and a glass of port at the end of the meal. Service was attentive and efficient (although the table next to us complained a lot that they weren't being served, but I think that had more to do with him focusing more on the lady in front of him than trying to get the waiters attention, as the rest of us all seemed to have plenty to eat and drink!). I have had drinks in the downstairs bar before, but this is the first time I have eaten here. We will be back I'm sure as we both work nearby.

JUSTIN R

Great experience and greta food
09 March 2015
Took my mother for her birthday on Saturday night. Great atmosphere, very attentive and knowledgeable service and really fresh food. We went as she's a pescatarian and wanted to give her loads of good food options. We shared the house platter to kick off which was lovely, the periwinkles a bit of a battle but Oysters, mussels and shrimps very fresh. Followed with crab claws, salmon ceviche, half lobster with fries and black pepper crab. The only half issue was the crab which was a monumentally messy experience as it comes in a yoghurt and almond sauce. Very tasty and certainly makes you eat slowly! My wife and mother loved their dishes... Couple bottles of reisling and a few starter cocktails - bill came to £250 for 3 which for seafood and quality of service plus good vibe was very fair. Highly recommend for couple or groups - obviously if you love seafood and shellfish!

Other restaurants near Wright Brothers Soho

You are requesting to book Wright Brothers Soho for people on at .