TK's Restaurant

Italian

Call TK's Restaurant to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of TK's Restaurant

A versatile Franco/Italian hybrid pitched on an atmospheric, traffic-free lane in the shadow of the Wren church of St-Mary-at-Hill, TK’s keeps its national borders intact, with only a staircase connecting the two cultures. The downstairs ‘brasseria’ is airy & informal, with a scattering of tables in the lane outside & a classically Italian menu: melon & Parma ham followed by fillet steak with red wine sauce & porcini mushrooms. The accent in the more formal upstairs restaurant is distinctly Gallic with a spoonful of nostalgia: kick off with six snails with garlic butter, before moving on to suprême of chicken ‘Mont St Michel’ in a creamy cider sauce or sharing a chateaubriand. The wine list adds a few Spanish & New World bottles to its predominantly Franco/Italian selection.

Good to know about TK's Restaurant

Mon-Fri 11.30am-11pm

Reviews of TK's Restaurant

Ms/Mrs. Sarah K

13 December 2012
Poor service, lukewarm food, chilled red wine, over priced, grubby tables, irritating atmosphere, really really poor value for money. Go to Pizza Express, in fact go to Burger King. Anywhere would be better.

Mr. Bernie I

31 October 2012
After a hard day's work I stepped out of the office with a friend to a charming little backstreet in the city. We passed a small traditional looking Italian restaurant named TK's. Now despite it being completely empty, save 2 smokers outside, we took pity on the staff and decided to give it a chance. After hanging up our own jackets, we ordered drinks but were not permitted to order food at the same time. The waitress then returned drinkless, 5 minutes later to take our order. 10 minutes later, an elderly gentleman, who I will assume was TK himself, stumbled past. We hailed him and asked for our drinks again, cue numerous apologises from him and the waitress. The wine was served in a huge glass, my mistake being not to specify large or small, or perhaps there's not to prompt me. After my first sip, I wished indeed it was small. The food came and was re markedly average considering the ~ £15 price tag attached to each dish. We ate hurriedly encouraged by them noisily cleaning behind us, ready to close for the night. Upon receiving the bill I saw my full glass of wine had cost me £7 so I promptly downed the tangy liquid. TK bumbled by once more to take a card payment, muttering something about his eyesight and not being able to read the bill, before we hastily left. I strongly advise you never to visit this restaurant unless you are on a date from hell and wish your companion never to contact you again.

Mr. Adam W

22 June 2012
Friday lunch and six of us each paying our own way – The food was fine although the bill was rather steep for what it was even taking into account the location. We paid out bill, mostly cash but also credit. A nice round figure but the bill included service and no attempt to pay us back the difference. We were relaxed and enquired on leaving. Eventually we got a response after three requests “aah you want the change” – we had a pleasant time so we did not stay to see if our change would materialise. Beyond my understanding but none of us will go back because thieving is thieving even if it is a few pounds!

Ms/Mrs. Joanne C

19 November 2010
I wish I had something positive to say about this establishment, but I can't think of anything. The service was awful, the wine was poor quality and over-priced and there was a distinct lack or atmosphere. Won't be going back I'm afraid.

Ms/Mrs. Mary B

18 November 2010
The service here tonight was just awful. The waitress was unbelievably surly. She was actually eating her dinner at one of the tables where in the ‘wine bar’ part of the restaurant was. Never never never agian. A dreadful experience. Went to the local pub after which all in all gave a much friendlier and better service!

Other restaurants near TK's Restaurant

You are requesting to book TK's Restaurant for people on at