The Real Greek Marylebone

SquareMeal Review of The Real Greek Marylebone

The Real Greek does a grand job of reviving warm memories of holiday hospitality, although the food is better and more varied than your stereotypical tourist-trap taverna in Kos or Kalamaki. Animated staff are as welcoming as can be, so order a Mythos beer and some mezze – perhaps lightly battered salt cod with tangy lemon mayonnaise or tender octopus char-grilled with herbs and garlic, alongside decent renditions of dolmades, hummus and grilled halloumi. Also save room for some smoky grilled skewers, juicy souvlaki wraps (the pork belly is excellent) and desserts ranging from bona-fide baklava to creamy sundaes – just avert your eyes from the calorie counts next to each item. Lightning-fast two-course lunches are a steal, but The Real Greek's wide-ranging, shareable menu and “fabulous entertainment” mean it’s also a no-brainer for evening parties.

Greek

Location for The Real Greek Marylebone

56 Paddington Street, London, W1U 4HY

Mon-Sun 12N-11pm (Fri-Sat -12M Sun -10.30pm)

Reviews of The Real Greek Marylebone

Piglet

Fantastic quality and value
01 March 2017
Whilst on a walk across Regents Park we had a hankering for Greek food (actually we had a hankering to be in Greece, sitting on the beachfront eating and drinking in the sunshine, but this was the next best thing in London in February!), so we headed to the Real Greek off of Marylebone High Street. There was one table occupied by a family when we arrived and by the time we left it was half full. Whilst I am not a “calorie-counter”, I do like that the menu lists the calorific content of each dish, I think all restaurants should have to do this. Our waitress was very friendly and efficient, there was a slight language barrier, we were not entirely sure that we were going to get what we ordered as we asked for some ingredients to be taken off the dish, but it all came right in the end. I ordered the chick peas with herbs in olive oil and lemon and tzatziki with slow roast pork belly which was delicious and my husband ordered the lamb meatballs with tomato sauce and paprika with a side of potatoes. We drank a very nice bottle of their house white wine (Ellinas). When the bill came I was sure there must be some mistake as it only came to £45, it’s been a long time since we have eaten lunch in a restaurant in London for less than £50 and we will definitely make this a regular lunchtime destination.

Ellen F

02 October 2012
I've already sung the praises of another Real Greek venue, at Covent Garden, because of its fantastic venue, but I think the Marylebone branch is worth mentioning too because of its location. Chi chi Marylebone High Street has plenty of decent eating options but you probably have to queue for them (yes Relais de Venise and Providores, I am pointing the finger at you!) which we all know winds some people up. The Real Greek is both bookable and reasonably priced, two big plus points for this area. Our group of 7 didn't drink much in the way of booze but we put away an awful lot of food: we ordered about 30% more than the waitress recommended, finished pretty much all of it, rolled out clutching groaning bellies, and paid a measly £28.50 a head for the lot. The waitress was patient, efficient, friendly; the restaurant decor bog-standard; the quality of food good; and yes, I think it is authentic, certainly compared to Greek tavernas in the backwaters of the Greek Cyclades! Very good value for money and a great choice for groups around here.

Mr. Richard E

29 November 2011
I am sure that there is nothing real about the food at the Real Greek, but so what? It is a great place to grab a snack at lunchtime: a selection of meze plates, a glass of wine, a friendly chat with the waiter. Nothing standout, nothing terribly bad and all at a reasonable price. In today’s age of austerity, there is little better compliment.

Other restaurants near The Real Greek Marylebone

Bombay Spice
Marylebone

Bombay Spice

Crazy Pizza
Marylebone

Crazy Pizza

You are requesting to book The Real Greek Marylebone for people on at .