The Old Crown
The Old Crown

Call The Old Crown to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of The Old Crown

An old pub with a young heart, this watering hole mixes handsome period features with chunky wooden tables & a lively vibe. The hip staff may be a tad disorganised & occasionally aloof, but this doesn’t stop hordes of funky West End workers from packing the place when their day is done. Eight names appear on the taps, from Grolsch to Hooky Bitter & Tribute Ale, supplemented by easy-drinking wines from a compact, New World-dominated list. The menu of pub classics such as bangers & mash & weekend roasts was hijacked by much-hyped pop-up Burger Breakout in late 2012; although the chef residency has now come to an end, the menu has remained.

Pubs

Location for The Old Crown

33 New Oxford Street, London, WC1A 1BH

Mon-Sun 12N-12M (Thurs -2am Fri-Sat -3am)

Reviews of The Old Crown

Ms/Mrs. Na Z

09 November 2012
Had an extremely enjoyable night out with work friends last Thursday. Fantastic atmosphere and a great crowd. There is a sign outside claiming “best burger joint in London” and it stole our curiosity and drew us in. Most tables were already reserved but the staff were very helpful and managed to fit us in comfortably. Burgers were actually amazing and did justice to the sign outside. The interesting combination of ingredients really bring a whole different meaning to burgers. One of my colleagues ordered the BBQ ribs and it turned out to be the most enormous serving ever – it certainly had everyone else in the pub looking. Service was fantastic and we ended up staying a lot longer than we planned.

Ms/Mrs. jocelyn B

21 August 2010
We went to the Old Crown knowing it was a pub in a busy part of London but near the theatre. I arrived first and I have to say the greeting (or lack of) that I got from the two young men at the bar was miserable. They didn't know about customer service at all. I am sad to be writing this as we haven't often been let down by restaurants/pubs we have found on square meal but we were by this experience. I told the young man when we left what I had felt so this review will be of no surprise. The tapas were excellent, and inspite of these two guys we enjoyed our evening – imagine the potential!!

Ms/Mrs. Emily F

06 August 2009
I regularly meet friends at colleagues at the Old Crown after work. I have always been really impressed with the quality of food and wine selection. I would also recommend the lunch menu, great burgers! Lunch is served 12-3.30pm and dinner from 5-10pm. Atmosphere is pretty relaxed, not too poncy. Prices are pretty reasonable too.

Other restaurants near The Old Crown

You are requesting to book The Old Crown for people on at .