About The Ivy Market Grill

This branch of The Ivy is set right amongst the hustle and bustle of central London in Covent Garden. With an outdoor terrace looking right out over the famous piazza, this offshoot of the famous restaurant has plenty of appeal.

Once you head inside, the elegant interior is typical of all Ivy restaurants with the seats upholstered in dark green leather and all the tables covered with white table cloths. A long, shiny bar lies at the far end of the restaurant as is adorned with glowing old-fashioned clock. Everything about the dining room is as glamourous and traditional as you might expect and is of course further complemented by the attentive service.

The all-day food menu is full of The Ivy’s signature dishes, with starters such as duck liver parfait and steak tartare. Main courses range from their classic shepherd’s pie to a duck curry, with varying market specials also available depending on what’s available. There is also a selection of different steaks available for meat lovers. A separate vegetarian and vegan menu ensures that there are options to suit all needs.

If you’re in need of a quick pre-theatre meal there is a specific set menu available priced at just 17.50 for two courses. Or if an afternoon tea in central London is what you’re looking for, The Ivy Market Grill serves their signature afternoon tea from 3-5 every day. For early mornings a full breakfast menu, full of classics such as eggs benedict, is also available daily.

In terms of drinks the long wine menu includes a large variety of wines by the glass and bottle. Alternatively, why not try one of the classic alcoholic or non-alcoholic cocktails on offer, or perhaps a bottle of The Ivy’s very own craft lager.

When it comes to booking, reservations can be made in advance but some tables are always kept for walk-ins too.

British, Modern European

Sun 08:00-23:30

Reviews of The Ivy Market Grill

Rama F

09 July 2019
Very good food, service not so great.

The most AWFUL place I have ever stepped into
19 June 2019

I have never in my life felt so mortified and insulted at a restaurant. Who the hell do these people think they are??? I am shocked that other people actually go there and give them business. We had a reservation for 5 people to celebrate a birthday, and first when I walked in and told her about the reservation, the girl argued that she didnt have the reservation and it must be another Ivy and then she showed me the list and the reservation was right there. I was a bit early and with a lot hesitance she gave me a space at the bar while I wait. I tried to order a cocktail and it took me ages just to get the attention of the waiter and then when I finally got my over priced margarita, it really felt like i was drinking sugar with water. Just 3 minutes later my husband walked in and he came to be at the bar and the waitress ran behind and said sorry sir you cant stand at the bar because its against our policy ???? Then she tells us i can now take you to your table and so we went to the table and it was only for 4 people and we had a reservation for 5 and yet another argument erupted as the girl was so rude with us and totally not willing to accommodate, and she takes us back to the bar because she wouldnt even allow us to sit at the table for 4 while we were waiting for the rest and then she tells me only one of you cant be at the bar because you are not allowed to stand so please you will have to wait outside and i said I had ordered a cocktail with some nibbles, what am I supposed to do about that - and she had the audacity to tell me I am sorry thats not my problem you cannot stand at the bar, My husband was just mortified at the arrogance of this restaurant and he walked out. And ofcourse I had to leave with him too after paying for my drink - on which they had even added service charges (UNBELIEVABLE!!!). We then went to Henrietta's a few restaurants down and had the most amazing night over there where the staff was friendly - food was wonderful and most of all we felt welcome. The IVY MARKET GRILL is by far the most pompous place and absolutely does not deserve any decent customers going in there.

Dee P

29 March 2019
Everything about this place is fab but above all the service is excellent and very accommodating.

Alison L

27 June 2018
Fabulous service (nothing is too much trouble), lovely atmosphere and very good value for money. The food is wonderful too.

Jamie N

24 April 2018
Fabulous ambience, open kitchen, wonderful music, majority are Italian staff, which is a rarity in Italian restaurants these days. Food is excellent.

Melanie M

24 April 2018
Great food, Great Price, very friendly staff to englighten you if you've not had Lebanese food before.

Peter R

24 April 2018
Great menu good selection on menu for fish eaters and non fish eaters. The staff are really attentive and friendly and really look after my elderly parents when they eat there.

AmyM

It's alright. But there is so much better out there.
11 May 2017
Admittedly, I was never the biggest fan of The Ivy proper and I certainly haven’t beaten a path to the door since the relaunch. But as The Ivy Market Grill has been billed as a little more relaxed and I was with a familiar friendly client, I thought I might give it a whirl. So, unless you are towards the back of the restaurant which is slightly more formal and has linen, there really isn’t a good table. Either you are literally crammed in the tiniest booths for two, next to the bar, where people are sitting, with an aisle that is unforgiving and ungenerous as to force a eugenics policy of skinny staff or, you are towards in a wider thoroughfare where they are dragging buggies etc. We got the double whammy of being put by the door that the wait staff use to deliver food to the terrace. My companion was whacked in the elbow twice. I plumped for the traditional signature dish of Shepherd’s pie (with beef?), only to send it back because it was tepid. I had to wait some time for the second plate to come, whilst my friend was eating his grilled, boneless chicken, which he enjoyed and had nearly finished by the time mine came. Still wasn’t that hot, but was an improvement on the first. Nor can I say it was worth the wait. It was average at best and I like my own more as mine seems to have more nuance of flavour. The wait staff are polite, if not a little abrupt as they rush around coping with a very busy restaurant, creating a small nor’easter as they hurtle down the gangway between tables. The restaurant itself is beautiful, reminiscent of a train termini of the 1930s, but certainly not a comfortable environment. Neither of us were drinking, nor did we have starters or coffee and the bill was under £50, but I can’t say I will be rushing back in a hurry.

Samantha W

Another Ivy offshoot. What's not to like?
20 March 2017
I have to confess that the usual reasons for choosing a restaurant weren't top of my mind last week. I was having lunch with my favourite ex-boss, who I haven't seen for nearly a decade. I didn't want to go to the newest opening, where I couldn't be sure of the food, service, prices. I wanted to eat somewhere that I know is good (and consistent), where the atmosphere is always buzzing and the service dependable. And let's be honest, I was in the mood for shepherds pie. Which is precisely why I chose one of the Ivy restaurants - I knew exactly what to expect. And once again, the group behind this incredibly successful chain did not let me down. Decor? Lovely. Service? Efficient and friendly without being obtrusive. Food? Delicious. Atmosphere? Buzzing. I didn't have shepherds pie in the end. I had the seabass special. Which even on a packed Thursday lunchtime was cooked perfectly.

Hollie F

Such a great new opening!!
21 December 2015
As a PA I have booked the new Ivy Market Grill countless times now and have received such good feedback every single time! the atmosphere, food and value for money are all really great!

Other restaurants near The Ivy Market Grill

You are requesting to book The Ivy Market Grill for people on at .