Big Easy Covent Garden

North American

About Big Easy Covent Garden

A spin-off from the original King’s Road rocker, Big Easy Covent Garden also aims to celebrate New Orleans in all its sinful glory. Located in what was a Victorian power station, the new site struts its stuff as a good-timing crabshack and BBQ restaurant with lots of original features intact and a massive ‘wall of fire’ kitchen below stairs featuring two Argentinian parrilla grills, rotisseries, wood-burning ovens and suchlike. Over 500 bottles are on display in the formidable nine-metre bar, which dispenses draught negronis plus a raunchy line-up of ‘boozy juice’, pickle backs and ‘X-rated shakes’ to get you primed for some juicy stateside hits. Pit-smoked chicken wings and spicy voodoo prawns with blue cheese dip make way for Nova Scotia lobsters, rare-breed British steaks and finger-licking St Louis-style ribs – all served up by chatty staff. There's also live music every night at this fun feast.

Good to know about Big Easy Covent Garden

North American
Fun
Group dining [8+]
Bottomless brunch

Location for Big Easy Covent Garden

12 Maiden Lane, London, WC2E 7NA

Opening Times of Big Easy Covent Garden

Mon-Sun 12N-11pm (Fri-Sat -12M Sun -10.30pm)

Reviews of Big Easy Covent Garden

01 January 0001

28 April 2014

I was amazed by the size of this place! The walk from our table to the gents toilet felt like a journey to the centre of the earth and I wish I'd taken a water bottle (of which more later…). Once there, the toilet was tiny and a bit grotty, with staff needing to be told to refill toilet rolls. Not great. Serving staff were friendly and helpful, but a bit slow to attend to us, which I suppose is understandable in a venue this size. The food was OK, but not very sophisticated. Fair enough I suppose, you don't go somewhere like this for haute cuisine. The chef definitely knew where the salt was, which meant I needed that waterbottle again! I left thirsty and needed to drink litres of water afterwards just to slake my thirst. The drinks offering in the venue was fun, with good beers, a good bourbon selection and a reasonable but somewhat uninspiring wine list (who drinks wine in these places anyway?!). They did make me an outstanding Old Fashioned, at which point my enjoyment of the meal definitely increased. In summary, this place delivered exactly what you would expect, but isn't somewhere I would rush back to. There are smaller, more interesting US barbecue places on offer in our great capital which feel less gigantic and corporate, and possibly a bit more deserving of your hard-earned…

07 April 2014

I've been a fan of Big Easy on King's Road for years. When they announced the new restaurant in Covent garden I like many others was excited. Great location, great food. Or so I thought. What a disappointment! This is like a completely different restaurant, with a different vibe and different food. The food was oh so disappointing. We had the appealingly entitled “Bar.B.Q Blow out” and “Taste-O-Rama”. All the meat was incredibly dry. The succelent, moist ribs you get at King's Road were missing. The chicken arrived stone cold! The menu says some rubbish about the food being slow roasted. Apparently that means the food will arrive “warm, not piping hot”. I wasn't aware that a slow roast oven is not hot. Anyway, is that a reason to serve chicken cold? We ended up smothering all the meat with barbecue sauce which improved it only a little. and the fries are appalling. Tasted like oven ready, but not as good. This is destined to be an additional toursit trap in Covent Garden. I'm sure that no amount of poor reviews will dent its popularity. This place is even worse than its competitor with the three initials and the last working day of the week in its name. I think it's obvious that I will not be returning.

19 March 2014

Was very much looking forward to this new opening. As a regular diner at Big Easy in Chelsea this was meant to be another night having London's best ribs and tasty frozen margarita's. That's what I thought at least. What have you guys done to those amazing falling off the bone ribs that you have in kings rd?! This is what you are famous for. Believe me.Sometimes trying to make something more fancy (the margarita's) wont work. Why move away from the margarita glasses and why not rim he glass with salt anymore? Impressive investment in the venue, very nice and open space and an amazing selection of spirits. But unfortunately because of what mentioned above I wont come back and dine.

Other restaurants near Big Easy Covent Garden