SquareMeal Review of The Grazing Goat

Out of the same stable as The Thomas Cubitt in Belgravia, this light & airy kid on the block has recently added eight guest rooms, making it a good-to-know-about B&B spot as well as pub/restaurant. All pale wood & oatmeal textiles, the street-level boozer serves an interesting selection of beers, including Meantime’s Union lager, as well as house cocktails, fresh juices & a reasonable choice of wines by the glass. Sunday roasts are popular, & the rest of the time a mix of suits & Portman Village locals populate the bar or slightly more formal upstairs dining room, eating simple but neatly presented dishes such as chicken-liver parfait topped with melting red wine jelly, warmly praised burgers or seared tuna with a smoked tomato sauce. Portions are generous, making it more feasting than grazing.

Gastropub
Unique
Dog friendly
Group dining [8+]

Location for The Grazing Goat

6 New Quebec Street, London, W1H 7RQ

Mon-Sun 7-11.30am Mon-Sun 12N-11.30pm (Sun -10.30pm)

Reviews of The Grazing Goat

LisaO

Grazing Goat, terrible experience
16 June 2019   - Verified Diner

Dinner last was a terrible and disappointing experience for my godson and I.

My glass of Nero Da’vola was corked, I indicated to  our server who seemed to dispute this shaking her head as she walked away. Returned with a sip in glass to try which was fine yet she said it was from the same bottle and was quite confrontational, this caused me to feel uncomfortable. My godson ordered rump steak cooked medium this turned up very well done. Again we had to complain, his steak was taken away with fries left to get cold, I had finished my fish by the time she returned with the new steak only to find it was well done again and server replied oh well to the chef that’s medium...  not acceptable, the steak was taken off the bill which still came to £133 with service inc, service was appalling and all in all a disappointing experience. No apology and I would certainly neither recommend nor return

Lisa L

Absolutely delicious
22 December 2017
Wonderful food. Great selection to choose from. The crispy squid was amazing as was the spiced chicken. Sides of French fries and broccoli were super. Will definitely be going back.

Sehar M

Absolutely pleasing - each time
24 March 2016
Came here with a girl friend on a busy night (Weds before Easter weekend) and were welcomed immediately. Opted to be seated upstairs and it was a great buzzing atmosphere. I ordered the spiced baby chicken and my friend went for the burger with skinny fries. They accidentally brought hand cut chips but let us keep both set of fries/chips. chicken was just perfectly cooked - tender and delicious. We ordered a Picpoul Languedoc white wine (2015) and it was also super, although no option for a carafe which would have been nice. Strongly recommend for dinner or just a nice, stylish pub evening on the outside tables.

Hollie F

Great new find!
26 October 2015
This is the first time i have booked this venue for a lunch on behalf of my boss and i will definitely be booking again, he gave great feedback!

Piglet

At last a great pub that serves a decent Sunday lunch!
23 March 2015
I know it sounds crazy as it is our "national dish" but it is not easy to find a decent roast dinner in a London pub. All too often the roast potatoes are like bullets, the Yorkshire pud shatters into dust as soon as you put the fork in and the vegetables have been boiled to oblivion.. Not so at the Grazing Goat, what a pleasant surprise it turned out to be. I think we must have got the last table yesterday as the only table they had available was 1.30pm and when we arrived every inch of the place was packed to the rafters with families and friends having a thoroughly good time. Great atmosphere, excellent service, a delicious roast chicken with gravy to die for and roast potatoes that were cooked to perfection, a really buzzing place - we will definitely go again! 2 mains, bottle of wine and 1 dessert £68.

21 March 2014
WE loved the food , ate on two consecutive nights , once in Bar second time Upstairs hoping it would be a little quieter , still difficult to have a decent conversation. Service was efficient . Would repeat a visit but not for a business meeting.

Ms/Mrs. Natalia P

Grazing goat
11 November 2013
Very pleasant pub with a country feel atmosphere, it gets busier towards 9pm, so it is advisable to book if you are planning to eat late. Staff is attentive and food is consistently good. Portion size is just right and there is a really nice wine list.

Sufia V

Favourite Marylebone Gastropub
04 November 2013
Having tried and tested a few of the pubs in the area this pub is a clear favourite for food and ambience.

Ms/Mrs. Linnea W

FANTASTIC business dinner location!!!
02 March 2013
It's rough to find a dinner venue for a large group of 20 that doesn't require everyone to eat the same three-course menu. Our dinner party was ecstatic over the range of food options, the quality/taste of dishes so artfully prepared, and served with warmth and efficiency by a gracious staff. The night was a huge success. Organizing such a party from NY was eased with the prompt and courteous support of Marine, the event coordinator of the restaurant group. She and the chef crafted a dinner that catered to special needs of our group – a severe nut allergy, a vegan, and a gluten-free diet-follower. Marine's patience and flexibility to meet our needs was unsurpassed. You can't go wrong with this venue!

Ms/Mrs. Rachel A

21 January 2013
We had our rehearsal dinner in the private upstairs dining room and it was beyond amazing. Started with champagne and canapes. The food was incredible – everyone commented the whole weekend on how good it was! Amy was unbelievably helpful, kind and accomodating as well as the rest of the staff. I couldn't have asked for a better place to have our rehearsal dinner! I will certainly keep it in mind for future events and would highly recommend if you are looking for a cozy vibe for up to 60 people – warm, intimate, good food, and great staff.

Other restaurants near The Grazing Goat

You are requesting to book The Grazing Goat for people on at .