The Banc

Mediterranean

About The Banc

Restaurant Description

Thank you for choosing The Banc. We look forward to serving you.

Good to know about The Banc

Mediterranean

Location for The Banc

261-263 West Green Road, London, N15 3BH

Reviews of The Banc

average but rather over hyped burger and steak place in west green road
07 August 2015
This is quite an average burger and steak restaurant. It was not crowded when we went in. The ambience is OK and the place light, well lit and airy. The service was prompt and professional, and the food arrived promptly. The burgers were in reality very average and a bit dry and heavy. They were lacking in flavour an this was because one thing was missing that really makes a good burger – fat! There has been a lot of hype because of this restaurant’s stellar performance on Tripadvisor. However, that alone raises a few questions. The Banc has 222 ‘excellent’ TA ratings. It is interesting that 92 of those ‘excellent’ reviews come from first time TA reviewers, who have left no other reviews on the site- for anything. Most have Muslim Indian or Arab names. Another individual left 8 ‘excellent’ reviews and 2-3 other individuals left multiple ‘excellent' reviews. If you compare that with the 28 ‘very good’ reviews, for The Banc on TA, only three were from people who had left no other review on the site. It’s also puzzling because if the restaurant was worth an ‘excellent’ rating, isn’t it strange that none of those individuals who thought it was so good, never bothered to return to The Banc and leave another review? I mean, you'd expect at least a few of them to do that if a restaurant was that good. So, a reasonably average restaurant, which I’d consider if I was in the area, but unfortunately very much over-hyped. If you go there with modest expectations, you will probably not be disappointed. It’s slightly better than a pub burger, but not much. But if you believe the hype, you may feel rather disappointed.

Ms/Mrs. PJ L

20 July 2014
I gave this restaurant full 5 star rating but for some reason Square Meal only put up 3 1/2 not sure why. I would like to share a wonderful experience my sister and I had with Jan and Fabio at the Banc Restaurant. My Sister and I arrived from the US mid January to take care of our terminally ill younger brother. We were staying in his flat just around the corner from the Banc. I will not go into detail but we were having a terrible time. We passed the Banc one day walked up the steps to look at the menu and Jan was at the door and he spoke to us and handed us a menu. He was so nice and friendly we said we would try and come back if we had time. Then our brother was taken very ill and taken to the hospital. We had been up since 6am and did not get back from the hospital till almost 9 pm. We had not eaten much so we decided to go to the Banc. Those guys were wonderful, they sat and talked to us like family… they were a safe port in a really bad storm, nothing was toooo much trouble for them, they helped us in many ways throughout our two month stay – I really do not know what we would have done without them. The food was excellent, I am sure if you ask them they would say we were quite fussy but nothing was a problem, they would always cook anything to our liking – they always wanted to please. The restaurant is always spotless and the staff is amazing. I watched them in the two months and they take time with all customers alike it doesn't matter if you are young, old, with children or without. They have a great energy and they take great pride in what they are doing and I know they will be very successful. So if you want great food, great atmosphere, lunch, dinner or just wifi access and good company you will get it all and more at the Banc. Good luck guys you deserve it. Pamela, Caroline and family.

Other restaurants near The Banc

You are requesting to book The Banc for people on at