STK London

North American, Steak

Call STK London to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of STK London

With its vowel-free moniker, super-sleek looks, DJs on the decks and a "dress to impress" code (check if your threads will pass muster on the website), STK certainly comes with plenty of attitude. The menu isn't shy or retiring either, piling on the indulgence with caviar starters, truffle toppings and lobster mac 'n' cheese, ahead of USDA prime-grade beef, Wagyu and British native-breed steaks at wallet-busting prices – although our New York strip and rib-eye both passed muster when it came to proper ageing and cooking. A lighter scallop and shrimp ceviche also scored points, though a dessert of deconstructed 'rhubarb and custard' was more style than substance. Hailing from the US, this branch has proved popular with an international crowd, and readers recommend it for glamorous entertaining with "attentive service" on the side.

Ayala female chef series Ayala female chef series

Good to know about STK London

North American, Steak

Stk London Also Offers

STK London
Private Group Dining

Location for STK London

336-337 Strand, London, WC2R 1HA

Opening Times of STK London

Tues-Fri 12N-4pm Mon-Fri 5pm-12M (Thurs-Fri -1am) Sat-Sun 1pm-4pm 5pm-1am (Sun -12M)

Reviews of STK London

Don’t waste your money - AVOID
07 February 2018
Save your money and don’t ever visit here. To summarise: - I called, left voicemail messages, emailed and sent Instagram messages over a period of two weeks to book a table for my birthday - no one ever responded to any of the above or even picked up the phone (called in excess of 20 times in morning, afternoon and evening) - I phoned again yesterday and someone finally answered and explained they have no availability on my chosen day. I therefore left my telephone number in the event that any tables become free. - someone finally responded to my email today and offered me 5 different time slots - how if there we none yesterday? - I responded 10 minutes later confirming my chosen time, to which they responded saying this is no longer available It is important to note that not once has anybody apologised or even addressed my complaints that no one has answered my calls, voicemails, emails or private messages, and they actually said they were doing me a favour by finding me a table - how so when obviously there would have been plenty of table options (based on the fact that there were 5 this morning) had someone responded to me 2 weeks ago? It is worth mentioning that I visit every year for my birthday - not because the food is particularly good but actually because there is a good atmosphere. However, I dread to think what the in house service is like if this is what you get when trying to book and I certainly wouldn’t feel comfortable paying their extortionate service charge. Oh and last year they double charged one of our cards by an extra £200 and we had the same problem trying to contact them then. Truly is pathetic and I’m shocked they do any business at all. I will avoid The One Group and stick to D&D in the future as I trust they would not ruin my birthday.

Corporate Event
16 January 2017
We hired STK exclusively for a corporate event in June last year. Everything was amazing, and people are still talking about what a fantastic evening it was. Great food, atmosphere and amazing cocktails. Would definitely recommend it for dinner or for private hire.

Mr. kofi A

25 July 2014
Ok, I'll be honest, came here with two friends very late on a mid-week evening. I had a rib-eye, the others had a sirloin and (inexplicably) lamb. My steak was awesome, as were the chips. Similarly my friend loved his sirloin although the other mate thought the lamb was very disappointing. I have two gripes. My medium sized steak was way overpriced at £49! Yes, I object to paying that much for a sliver of meat. Some people won't but I do. I can't remember how much the chips were but I'm sure they were extortionately priced too. But my main gripe is that I left my sun glasses on the table when I left. We were the last to leave so it must have been picked up by a member of staff but despite calling back first thing in the morning, it hadn't been handed in. Now, I can forgive over-priced food but not returning a guy's (over-priced) sunnies? Now that's going a step too far. I won't be going back out of principle. Unless someone else is paying.

Ms/Mrs. Silvia M

Brilliant!
25 August 2013
The best steak in London! Samuele, the restaurant manager and his team Offer the best service in town .. Always a pleasure..! Silvia & Steve

Mr. Toby N

Vowel please Carol
22 July 2013
I was going to try and write a review of Stk, which sounds like the start of a Countdown wordplay puzzle, without using any vowels, but that would have got very dull quite quickly and my grammar is bad enough anyway. I must admit I was dreading going here – it wasn’t my choice and after reading Camilla Long’s execution of a review in The Times I thought I might be the only person in the place without hair extensions, a spray tan, acrylic nails and a vajazzle. Don’t get me wrong, it will never become my favourite restaurant in London, but it’s not as bad as many reviews would have it. Lunchtime in the middle of an all too brief heatwave isn't the time to go to a restaurant that looks like it should be a TOWIE nightclub – going from the stunning sunshine to the near darkness I just about avoided falling down the steps on the way in, which would not have been a good start. We were then shown to our table where, how can I put this nicely, there was a faint but distinct aroma of vomit. However, our friendly waitress moved us without any hesitation after we asked and the new table was fine. The restaurant itself was 90% empty at 1pm on a Friday, though I suspect it’ll be a veritable meat market come evenings. I expected they would be playing music at the sort of volume where you had to shout across tables, but it was strangely devoid of much atmosphere. The waitress we had was polite and charming – from the US she did the full on engaging service bit; sadly not all the team seemed as organised, and things weren’t slick or polished but they weren’t awful either and there was a reasonable gap between courses, the right dishes arrived, no long awkward waits with empty plates etc. The food itself was average, not great by any means, but I’ve had far worse. I started with carpaccio of beef – decent sized potion, nice salad leaves, shaved parmesan etc. the beef itself was slightly curiously sweet, but not unpalatable. This was followed by the burger – a huge portion – all be it lots of bun, but really decent burger, cheese, bacon etc – it would actually have been better if they had more confidence in the meat and didn’t surround it with quite so much padding. This was followed by rhubarb and champagne trifle – a bit bland, but perfectly serviceable. The only really odd thing was the ‘bread’ you start with – it was rather more of a cakey brioche, served with what I presume was spinach to spread on it rather than butter – sadly it had much the same look and taste as industrial hand cleanser – I really did try but even 1 bit was rather more than I wanted. Value is just about alright – we did 2 courses from the set lunch menu (low £20s) and desserts from the main menu at around £7 each. Side dishes are a little expensive and you don’t get any accompaniments with the main courses on the set menu so end up having to pay for those extra bits. I didn’t pay the bill so not 100% sure of the total, but I’d guess at around £80 per head, which seems better than something comparable like gaucho even if the meat here is rather less good. Would I come back? Not in a hurry, but I didn’t hate it.

Ms/Mrs. bobbi B

Not Cool!
25 June 2013
Atmosphere was the only saving grace…buzzing. Had an american waiter who gave us way too much details on the cows we were eating..very unappetising! And for an American , he had definitely left his friendliness back in Houston. Overpriced for the quality and quantity of food. To top it all I left my purse full of expensive make up in the loo downstairs. After about 20 phone calls, EXTREMELY unfriendly service on the phone and hounding them for 72 hours I was told rudely that they couldn't be bothered looking for it. Wont ever go back again or recommend it to anyone.

Mr. Patrick F

STK experience
13 May 2013
I couldn't fault a thing from start to finish. Excellent service, great tasting food, good wine, nice cocktails, fun lively atmosphere. Perfect evening. I cant wait to go back.

Ms/Mrs. emma L

so-so
29 April 2013
STK is ok. the steak is alright, the venue is quite nice and the service is fine. But there is nothing remarkable about this restaurant, other than the price! Its a shame as they have a great opportunity to provide an alternative to the most popular steak restaurants where it can be hard to get a table. But they need to work on the quality of the food and the atmosphere to get anywhere near their standard at moment.

Ms/Mrs. Alicia S

Fun concept. Bad food, ok service, filthy bathrooms.
09 March 2013
The concept is fun with great atmosphere. Although with the TOWIE crowd getting papped outside you do get the sense that it's geared up for the orange tan fake Laboutin crowd. The food was awful. Truly. Too salty, chewy uncuttable meat. Forgetful waiters. The other annoying thing was that this is a place that bills itself as female friendly but the women's bathrooms were filthy and had no toilet paper! For £88 per head I expected more.

Other restaurants near STK London

You are requesting to book STK London for people on at .