Signor Sassi

Italian

About Signor Sassi

Replete with “old-school Knightsbridge”, Signor Sassi is still a local hit more than three decades after opening its doors in the moneyed enclaves of SW1. It’s no mean feat to hang on to your long-standing admirers while winning over newcomers, but this place pulls it off with a combination of genuine warmth, bubbly vibes and unfailingly good food. Navigate a vast menu that stays true to classic trattoria cuisine (more like the stuff you actually get in Italy) – everything from mussels and clams in white wine with tomatoes and garlic to osso bucco with saffron risotto or beef tagliata with balsamic, brandy and rocket. There’s also plenty of traditional pasta (tagliolini with crab, garganelli with spicy sausage etc), plus a list of ‘daily specials’ that just seems to run and run. Signor Sassi’s jaunty turquoise facade is unmistakable, likewise its driftwood and mirrored interior.

Good to know about Signor Sassi

Italian
Fun
Dates, Group dining [8+]

Location for Signor Sassi

14 Knightsbridge Green, London, SW1X 7QL

Opening Times of Signor Sassi

Mon-Sun 12N-11.30pm (Sun -10.30pm)

Reviews of Signor Sassi

Ms/Mrs. Vicki G

Great food- great service
07 September 2017
Lovely food- lovely people. Highly recommended, great value for money!!

01 January 0001

Ms/Mrs. Suzanne C

Beware How You Book this Restaurant.....
26 February 2014
Book directly with the restaurant or through their own website as I have just found out. Having booked a table for a family meal for an 18th birthday this Saturday at 19.00 through the link on Square Meal. I have just been informed by Signor Sassi's receptionist that they cannot honour this confirmed booking (confirmation email received from Square Meal) as they take their own website bookings first and therefore there is now only tables available at 21.00! Poor Customer management Signor Sassi!

Mr. Winston G

Beautiful authentic italian
20 June 2013
Signor Sassi is a beautiful authentic Italian restaurant which I have become very loyal to, I can’t keep away. Their food is always on point and the staff always encourage you to come back, who can say no to an Italian?! Always have a great time there and never left disappointed. If you haven’t been yet you’re missing out big time!

Ms/Mrs. Andrew V

Really great...
26 March 2013
Food is fantastic Service is fantastic Venue is fantastic What more can you ask for ?!

Ms/Mrs. Andrea R

22 December 2012
Signor Sassi is very Italian, the staff are Italian and they way the come across may appear to be rude, but it's not meant that way, it's just their style of interaction and banter with their customers. It's more like a diner than a fine restaurant, and the staff are always happy and well spirited. Great if you are going with a few friends and not great if it's a first date or a business lunch. Food is great, arrives speedily. Tables are a bit too close together and can get really packed out. Overall, a good place.

Mr. John M

22 January 2012
Absolutly awful experience. Would not recommend. Upon arrival we were seated. Menus were presented and within 2 minutes we were asked to place our order. We said more time was needed. The waiter reappeared 5 minutes later. I ordered a GLASS of wine, but a bottle was opened at the table before I could correct. Placed our order, 2 salads and 2 pasta dishes. Salads were brought promptly. The pasta never arrived — when we asked our waiter, at the 45 minute mark, he said it wasn't his fault as the chef had an “emergency”… we asked again at the 1 hour 20 minute mark… apology was made and we were told it will be out shortly… In the mean time, patrons who arrived after us were eating! at 1 hour 45 I asked for the bill at which time the manager came over and said the pasta was nearly ready and that it would be on the house… At this point we had enough, we settled up for the BOTTLE of wine and 2 salads at 50 sterling. Just awful … avoid it completly and go to Chabrot, the charming French place right next door.

Ms/Mrs. Ramona D

10 February 2011
I moved to London from Los Angeles 3 months ago and more than anything, was scared that I’d be short of amazing, top quality restaurants! Dining out plays a large part in my life, I just hate eating in! About a week into my new job in Knightsbridge, my colleagues and I went for dinner one Friday after work to Signor Sassi. It was amazing. The atmosphere was busy but in a good way. It was alive! As I looked around, I saw people having a brilliant time, laughing and joking, having drinks, sharing a romantic dinner. When we sat down and were presented by the menu, I was impressed by the options on offer. I opted for the Linguine Con Vongole E Gamberoni (Pasta with clams, tiger prawns, tomato sauce, garlic, cream and tomato.) It was beautiful! Over wine, I got to know my colleagues better and conversation flowed. Service was brilliant and extremely informative. Since that evening, I was been frequenting Signor Sassi at least once a fortnight and credit them for making my transition to the U.K a more comfortable one!

Ms/Mrs. Taryn L

13 April 2010
My favourite restaurant without a doubt! I have been to Signor Sassi about 50 times and for many years keep making reservations with friends, family, dates, special occasions…you name it! The atmosphere is like a huge Italian family whereby the friendly waiters sing with the gigantic pepper grinders and easily offer the most attentive service without stifling the customers. The wine list is lovely with fresh white wines or deep berry reds. Even the gigantic table olives and fresh bread exude Italian style & tradition with a touch of class. Recently refurbished, this popular restaurant caters to a wide variety of customers from young couples to business meetings or family reunions – always bursting with laughter, Italian singing & the aroma of incredible food. For a whole year I couldn't stop ordering my usual avocado & crab oven bake to start followed by Ravioli Tino (prawns, brandy & tomato) due to the high quality of each ingredient! Italian food at it's best. I am now able to say that every single dish is its own beautiful creation revolving around freshness & full Italian flavour. Not too fancy, just spot on every single time. Even their vegetarian tagliatelle alla Nonna with aubergine is impeccable. Simple yet delicious. Considering the type of food served the prices are extremely affordable and even better they will always try accommodate you by getting a table last minute – however booking is necessary as 6 days a week they are always busy.

14 March 2010
Have been to this recent a lot over the years. I arrived with a friend at 630pm yesterday for a quick bite. The restaurant was empty both downstairs and upstairs. We asked for a table and we received a short and sharp ‘no’. We tried to explain that we would be quick he refused to listen and said ‘no’. We left and went across to Zuma. Around 8pm we walked past the restaurant was half full…

Other restaurants near Signor Sassi

You are requesting to book Signor Sassi for people on at