Sheesh at Ye Olde King's Head

Turkish

Call Sheesh at Ye Olde King's Head to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of Sheesh at Ye Olde King's Head

With its 600-year-old timbered facade and gussied-up, clashing interiors, Sheesh makes a statement of intent: it may come across like a “blinged-up TOWIE bordello”, but this is “Essex at its finest” – according to one fan who laps up the vibe at this glamorous hotspot frequented by the local permatan crowd. The menu may be grounded in the native Turkish tradition with the centrepiece charcoal grill bestowing a smoky flavour on aubergines and sweet peppers, skewered lamb and halibut (served with an olive butter sauce), but expect a more Mediterranean feel too. “Consistently excellent” offerings such as grilled steaks, veal chops, moussaka and kleftiko are popular, while tiramisu and profiteroles appear alongside sticky Turkish pastries for dessert. With a “great” cocktail bar and numerous dining areas including a fire-warmed leather lounge, a conservatory and an intimate private nook for courting couples, Sheesh has all the hallmarks of a fun experience.

Good to know about Sheesh at Ye Olde King's Head

Mon-Sun 12N-4.30pm 6-9.45pm

Reviews of Sheesh at Ye Olde King's Head

Ms/Mrs. Liz S

29 July 2012
Oh dear not impressed …Unfortunately I was a victim of bad service before entering the restaurant. I had 2 voicemails that day to confirm the booking ..the first was fine however the second as very abrupt and I had a message saying that if I didn't call the restaurant by 1pm … I could lose the booking! Charming ! I spoke to a lady a little after this and she apologised for the call and said this was not the normal service I should expect. So a little hesitant when entering the restaurant last night.. We were welcomed at the door and taken to our sits however this is where the service is again poor … We were reminded after a while that we only had 2 hours on the table and from there the evening felt rushed … “I have to have this table back by 9pm” we were informed in a very matter of fact way. We ordered some starters , a mixed grill and some chicken dishes for main … All food I felt was fresh and presented well .. However this is average food and certainly forgettable. We decided to have a drink upstairs and was not welcomed by the bar staff … No smiles here – what a shame!. I guess Sheesh has the reputation for being a glamourous Essex hot spot, but to be fair it's a lot of hype …this restaurant is for the local clientele who like to pose and compare designer handbags.. If your looking to feel rushed , receive bad sevice and eat overly priced food whilst showing of your spray tan then this is the place for you !

Other restaurants near Sheesh at Ye Olde King's Head