Pho Clerkenwell

Vietnamese

Call Pho Clerkenwell to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of Pho Clerkenwell

Lovers of Vietnamese food who can’t get to Kingsland Road will be glad of this ‘cheap & cheerful’ mini-chain. As the name suggests, trendy Pho specialises in Vietnam’s national dish of noodles in soup, bringing fresh, vibrant cooking ‘bursting with a million flavours’ to London & beyond. Unlike many Vietnamese restaurants that squeeze the entire national repertoire onto one menu, this outfit has edited its selection to variations on soup, bun (vermicelli with stir-fried toppings), goi (salads) & the ever-popular spring & summer rolls. Don’t miss out on the papaya salad, pork & lemongrass meatballs or the house pho with fascinating additions; also, don’t overlook the coffee specialities, including the ‘weasel’ brew made from beans digested & passed by Vietnamese weasels –a Pho UK exclusive.

Good to know about Pho Clerkenwell

Mon-Fri 12N-3pm Mon-Sat 6-10pm

Reviews of Pho Clerkenwell

Mr. John B

20 November 2011
My friend told us about this place,good cheap food and nice service (beautiful girls!) We went there with my mates to check it out… We didn't have to wait long to be served by gorgeous blond girl.We had selection of starters with different kind of dipping sauces.Fresh rolls, fried spring rolls, vietnamese pan cake…everything was very nice. Pretty lady helped us a lot to pick the mains,noodles with salad and topping,carry and some soups… Delicious!!! The service was very fast. We were full after all but definitely next time we'll pop in for some desserts and coffees. The bill was also surprising… Little money for such a big portions and a lot of Vietnamese beer! Great place! Thanks to blond lady for great service and friendly atmosphere!

Mr. George M

30 September 2011
So, as I walk into Pho with a friend who raved about it and I hear The Stone Roses being played, and immediately thought, ‘This place is cool!’ It's a tiny venue really. The tables are all close together, and the staff are flitting round with bowls and plates of delicious food, but it gives it this really vibrant, warm and energetic atmosphere. Aided by some very good music being played. The atmosphere represents the food that is served. Fresh, vibrant, light and explosive dishes that are bursting with a million flavours. We had the summer rolls (fresh ones, not fried), bun noodles (noodles with salad, herbs, a bit of stir-fried topping served with this amazing sauce that you pour over) and some fantastic fresh juice. Everything was perfect. Great staff made the experience even more enjoyable. Highly recommended.

Mr. Edec W

10 September 2011
I'll recomend it to all my friends.GREAT place, DELICIOUS food, PERFECT service, FRENDLY atmospere, CHEAP prices, 100% of SATISFACTION!

Ms/Mrs. Carol W

06 May 2011
This really is such a perfect little cafe. It's definitely my favourite ‘cheap and cheerful’ place to grab food in Clerkenwell. I really do just love everything about it – the food, the people and the atmosphere. It's a lively and friendly local stalwart that friends and colleagues swear by.

Mr. Brant J

04 May 2011
I'm new-ish to the area and found this little place last night while walking round Clerkenwell with a friend. It was busy inside, so we figured it must be good! We weren't wrong. Absolutely ideal for a casual mid-week dinner. We were greeted superfast by one of the girls working and told it would be just a few minutes for a table. They got us a beer while we waited, and were seated very quickly. I've eaten a lot of Vietnamese, but my friend was very unfamiliar with the food. The waitress gave her a quick explanation of the different types of dishes, and then made some suggestions on what we might like. We weren't in the mood for noodle soups, but also nothing to light, so it was suggested that we try the bun noodle dishes. This was exactly what we needed… A mix of fresh salad and herbs, dry vermicelli noodles, and a stir-fried topping with beanshoots and chicken seasoned with lemongrass, garlic, chili and topped with toasted peanuts. It really was so, so delicious… and as good as any I've had. It really was a superbly enjoyable dinner and the service and atmosphere were just right.

Mr. Edward P

29 January 2011
I was honestly shocked at how bad the food was at Pho. The Pho soup with ‘home made meatballs and steak’ looked like a bowl of dishwater with pieces of catfood floating in it. The soup was tasteless, the steak strips were made with mechanically recovered ‘beef flakes’ – the kind you get in a really bad chinese takeaway – and the meatballs were grey with a spongy texture. Given that there are so many great Vietnamese restaurants in London – not least Cafe VN on the Clerkenwell road, and a strip of great places on the Kingsland road – Pho doesn't deserve consideration.

Mr. Hadyn W

22 March 2010
Absolutely wonderful little cafe in Clerkenwell. I've been going here for three years, more days of the week than not. It's delicious, healthy, and fast (maybe not on Fridays, but still not bad). The soups are to die for.. You've got to try to believe.. Deserves all the praise it gets!

Ms/Mrs. Angella P

28 February 2010
The noodle soups were really bland.

Ms/Mrs. Vicky S

24 August 2009
Really great place. Fresh, fast, and furious. A little more relaxed in the evening though. I'm hooked on the summer rolls and the papaya salads.. delish!

Ms/Mrs. Lena G

29 July 2009
This is one of my favourite little places in EC1M – Clerkenwell. Buzzy, busy, and exceptional food every time. Love the spicy soups and the fresh juices. The perfect place to catch up with friends.

Other restaurants near Pho Clerkenwell

You are requesting to book Pho Clerkenwell for people on at .