Percy's Country Hotel and Restaurant

Percy
Percy

Call Percy's Country Hotel and Restaurant to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of Percy's Country Hotel and Restaurant

Warm hospitality from the Bricknell-Webbs is as much a feature of this renovated 16th-century longhouse as the deep commitment to grow & source organically. It means that guests are treated to seasonal goodies with an emphasis on herbs & clever spicing – seafood from the fish market at Looe, game, home-reared lamb & pork, organic beef, duck & chickens from Exmoor, & organic home grown vegetables, herbs & salads. As a three-course meal this might translate to lightly spiced seafood chowder with fresh coriander, then loin of home-reared organic pork with sage and juniper glaze, & mixed berry meringue with clotted cream ice cream, toffee sauce and toasted nuts to finish. Treat yourself to a night in one of the whirlpool-fitted guest rooms. It is totally smoke & child free so bag a spot on the teak patio, breathe in the fresh air, & drink in the peace & tranquillity. Lunch by prior arrangement.

British

Mon-Sun 6.30-9pm

Reviews of Percy's Country Hotel and Restaurant

Gill M

24 October 2010
I booked for a party of 9 (in the end only 8 of us made it) as we were staying at a hotel nearby. Tony asked me to specify any dietary no-no's and we had one of our party who didn't do seafood which I let him know. He called me at lunch time to confirm the numbers and let me know that we would be having lamb for main course. That took me a little by surprise as I was expecting a choice (and I have to say Lamb isn't my favourite food!) . We arrived just before 8 and were greeted warmly. We sat in a lovely bar with menu's while Tony brought us our drinks – we were most impressed with the wine list which was reasonably priced and had most of the bottles by the glass as well. Dinner was superb, well served as were the wines. The home made bread was to die for and the nasturiums decorating the starter were delicious. The lamb turned out to be very tasty and the verdict on the puddings was that they were fab. Apart from me who didn't manage to finish my meal as I was full there was nothing left on any of the plates. Food and service were delicious. Only feedback is that I would have expected and preferred to be offered a choice of main course in advance in discussion with the restaurant as I would not have gone for the lamb – of the 8 of us 6 would have preffered another meat or fish and as only one of the party couldn't do seafood it wouldn't have been too hard to have done something else for him if we'd gone for fish. The restaurant deserved to be busier than it was – there was only us and one other table. However it isn't on the beaten track so perhaps being half term didn't help. Would highly recommend a visit here to eat but do discuss the menu. There are three choices for starter and pudding but no choice at all for main course which was our ONLY complaint. Highly recommended for a great evening and a very genial host.

Other restaurants near Percy's Country Hotel and Restaurant

You are requesting to book Percy's Country Hotel and Restaurant for people on at .