Modern European

SquareMeal Review of Percy & Founders

Polished and sprawling, this vast, all-wood space in what was once the Middlesex Hospital (although you wouldn’t know it) packs a comforting restorative punch with its “wholesome food”. The all-day menu majors in casual-dining classics: gooey-centred Scotch egg, Kilner jars of crab, apple and celeriac, braised beef rib and gravy, venison shepherd’s pie, and at least five cuts of Josper-grilled steak. Desserts at Percy & Founders show more innovation, although the likes of white chocolate mousse overwhelmed by lurid basil sorbet are no better for it. Service (smart-casual, like the setting) comes with a chat and a smile, while 10 ‘sharpeners’ (perhaps a geographically apposite Fizz Rovia) kick off a compact wine list priced just right for an egalitarian clientele. Terraces offer views of the old hospital chapel, while chef’s tables by the open kitchen are a boon for groups.

Ayala female chef series Ayala female chef series

Good to know about Percy & Founders

Event Party Venue

Location for Percy & Founders

1 Pearson Square, London, W1W 7EY

Opening Times of Percy & Founders

Mon-Thurs 7.30am-11.30pm (Fri -12M) Sat 9am-12am (Sun -6pm)

Reviews of Percy & Founders

raganello

Professional service with a pleasant atmosphere ideal for business lunch.
11 February 2018
I was hosting 3 clients for lunch and needed somewhere with a broad menu (one of our party was vegetarian) and efficient service (we didn't have much time). There's no shortage of restaurants in Fitzrovia, but they seemed to range from overly informal to too stuffy or pretentious. I'd tried P&F's weekend brunches several times but had never visited at lunchtime -- and I was very glad I selected there on this occasion: It fitted all my criteria... a great atmosphere but not too noisy; tables not too crowded together; gorgeously furnished; a friendly service but not too intrusive -- and beautifully presented food that won the praise of all my guests. It's now firmly on my list of favourite lunch venues.

Ms/Mrs. Megan F

Excellent food is an excellent venue
26 October 2017
We LOVE this venue and attend time and time again- 5 stars!

Ms/Mrs. Simone H

Always happy
10 March 2017
Percy & Founders is very close to my office. Being a media business we like to entertain our clients and staff - so we have frequented their establishment a fair amount of over the last year or so. They never fail to let us down - the service (from the moment you make the panicked call to check if they have a table for 16 .... to the step through their gorgeous lobby ... to being seated on their comfortable banquets .... to eating the rather nice food) is just top notch. We love them - whoever runs this show/restaurant knows their stuff as it's like a constant lesson on 'how to make people feel good and eat well'. Well done P&F - our business is yours for as long as you keep up the great standards!

Ms/Mrs. Emily P

Wholesome Gastro-Pub Style Food
02 April 2015
The menu at Percy & Founders is the perfect length, with a good range of wholesome food without too much choice. The lamb was perfectly cooked and came with beautifully fluffy mash which would have been accompanied brilliantly with some crunchy green beans, but the sides need to be ordered separately with a fairly limited choice of vegetables. I found myself gazing longingly at the chicken wellington on the next table, which smelled delicious, but unfortunately needs to be shared between 2 or more people (unless you want to shell out £19 to enjoy it alone). I found the prices high for the type of restaurant that Percy and Founders is; it is a truly safe bet for good food in a nondescript environment. Perfect for entertaining clients or a family meal, but avoid if you are looking for an atmospheric and fun night out. The exclusion to that rule may be for groups of 6-8, who can be accommodated on large tables in front of the kitchen, the most buzzy area of the restaurant. There was no-one in the bar area when I visited, but i'm sure the atmosphere would be much improved with a few bodies in there. I will certainly be visiting P&F again and will have my fingers crossed that it is busy; the prospect of such a large restaurant being half empty is a scary one.

Other restaurants near Percy & Founders

You are requesting to book Percy & Founders for people on at .