Call Pepenero to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of Pepenero

Forget cutting-edge cocktail bars in postmodern spaces, the residents of the Sphere apartments have the wonderfully retro Pepenero to call their local. Doilies, red tablecloths, folded napkins stuffed in wine glasses & capacious red velvet booths set the scene for old-style trattoria grub in the shape of crisp-based pizza norma, Americana or Hawaiian (if you must), along with vitello, pollo & bistecca in various forms. Specials of ‘steak Diana’ & duck à l’orange turn back time, lobster linguine shows a slightly more modern touch, & dessert might be a coupe of chocolate mousse or tiramisu. All that’s missing is a straw flask of Chianti – so make do with a bottle of Sicilian Shiraz or a juicy Amarone instead. Pepenero’s mezzanine (backing onto the Sphere lawn) is an attractive space for events.

Good to know about Pepenero

Reviews of Pepenero

Mr. Chris C

A little gem in Canning Town
27 April 2013
We have been eating in Pepeneros for a few years now. I wanted a weekend off from cooking the traditional roast and my husband suggested we ‘try the new restarant that has opened in Canning Town.’ So we did. A few weeks later just the two of us went for dinner. And so we became hooked. Pepeneros offers a great choice of food which is of good quality and very tasty. I recommend the lobster linguine, but if you do choose this don't have any starters! The panna cotta is simply delightful. And don't forget to try out the sgroppino. Very refreshing indeed. The food comes in good portions- you will not go home feeling hungry. They offer a lovely selection of wines. I've never had a bottle I haven't enjoyed. We have had many family celebrations in Pepeneros, including my son's 18th birthday. And at every celebration a good time has been had by all. The staff are friendly, attentive and helpful. The owner is charming and very welcoming. Pepeneros has become a firm family favourite and we think it is a little gem in Canning Town.

Other restaurants near Pepenero

You are requesting to book Pepenero for people on at