My Old Dutch Holborn

SquareMeal Review of My Old Dutch Holborn

Most Londoners will have eaten in a branch of My Old Dutch at some time – it’s almost a right of passage. Established in 1958, this small chain of pancake restaurants (with outlets in Kensington, Holborn and Chelsea) might not be groundbreaking, but it’s reliable, fun, inexpensive and caters for a broad spectrum of diners. Dutch references pepper the menu: start with kaasballen or bitterballen (cheese or meatballs) before moving on to savoury pancakes; the house special pancake is filled with smoked bacon, ham and vegetables. Pudding? More pancakes, of course: you’ll be in Nutella or maple-syrup heaven; and poffertjes (small, fluffy pancakes) offer a marginally different take on the theme. Frankly, pancake abjurers should steer clear of the place, but you will find salads, waffles and apple pie as alternatives. To drink, shakes and Dutch or Belgian beers are unsurprisingly more popular than wine.

Modern European
Food Hygiene Rating

Location for My Old Dutch Holborn

131-132 High Holborn, London, London, WC1V 6PS

Mon-Sun 11am-10.30pm (Sun -9.30pm)

Reviews of My Old Dutch Holborn

Raz

Avoid at all cost. Could kill you if you have an allergy
29 August 2019

Despite informing them over and over again of our sons severe dairy allergy they served him normal ice cream and chocolate sauce which caused him a serious reaction. The staff were very unhelpful and we were simply told “sorry we have new staff with bad English”. What a joke of an excuse!! I don’t know what would have happened if we didn’t have his antihistamine with us. Please don’t take any chances if you or your child/ren have allergies to anything they serve. It was a very close call and left us all traumatised!

Selina M

Disappointed
29 March 2017
I must say the pancakes was amazing however at £15 i would expect that. When turning up they didn't have five of the pancakes available as they was changing the menu the next day. The staff was quite rude about it and said there is nothing he can do even know there was a Salisbury across the road to get some chocolate to add on. I would recommend calling before to make sure they have the pancake that you want as there was 6 of us who was quite disappointed after booking it well in advance.

Radhika J

29 August 2013
My Old Dutch is just an amazing place at any time of the day. It is one of those places you can go when you want to be naughty and treat yourself to something unhealthy, or when you want to keep to your diet. The menu is vast and they cater for everyone's needs. The service is not the best, but the food makes up for it. Mondays should be avoided as this place is always packed (All pancakes are for £5!) They even have a loyalty scheme in place which is always a bonus. The one in Holburn is amazing, and they have currently gone through a refurb, the tables and decor has got better. The portions are generous. You are guaranteed to leave here with a smile on your face and your stomach happy. It's also children friendly too!

Other restaurants near My Old Dutch Holborn

You are requesting to book My Old Dutch Holborn for people on at .