Mr Fogg’s Residence

Bars, Afternoon tea

Call Mr Fogg’s Residence to make a booking on:

About Mr Fogg’s Residence

With every junior royal, rich Russian and gossip-column rake on speed dial, those purveyors of Sloaney good times Charlie Gilkes and Duncan Stirling (Cahoots, Bunga Bunga, Bart’s) are high-society lynchpins worth cultivating. As avowed theme-bar aficionados, the boys play a blinder with this convincingly staged interpretation of Phileas J Fogg’s madcap Mayfair mansion, stuffed to the gunnels with camp caboodle from the eccentric Victorian explorer's derring-do foreign forays. The whole fantastical set-up is a hoot: Eton boys in dapper period livery dispense plates of top tucker with 'tipsy teas' (ie. gin or Champagne cocktails in teapots), while Passepartout (Fogg's imagined French valet) preps hooch-charged puncheons, crustas, cups and long-lost recipes with colonial roots. Other wheezes include a summer garden veranda, guest bartenders, vaudeville turns and talks from adventurers such as Sir Ranulph Fiennes. As we say, these chaps are connected.

Good to know about Mr Fogg’s Residence

SquareMeal Silver Awards Best Mayfair Bars Best Late-night Bars

Location for Mr Fogg’s Residence

15 Bruton Lane, London, W1J 6JD

Opening Times of Mr Fogg’s Residence

Mon-Sun 5pm-1.30am (Thurs-Fri 4pm- Sat 3pm- )

Reviews of Mr Fogg’s Residence

13 February 2018

A few weeks back I was invited to Mr Fogg’s 5th-anniversary party, can you believe that it has been 5 whole years of Mr Fogg’s gracing us with their innovative cocktails and theatrics? I was super excited to attend as I have not been to their Mayfair branch yet, and I absolutely love their gin parlour in Covent Garden. One of the reasons why I enjoy going to Mr Fogg’s is the dramatics of the bar. It is full of historic trinkets and artefacts from the Victorian explorer. From a stuffed parrot to a hot air balloon, if the mouth quenching cocktails do not entice you, the décor of the restaurant will. I arrived at the anniversary party, just after 7 pm as I was running late from work. When I arrived, the celebrations were already in full swing with live entertainment playing at the front of the bar. Mr Fogg’s were offering liberations of Hendricks Gin, however, I was still supporting my commitment to dry January, so I would have to try a non-alcoholic drink. I could literally cry my eyes out because the drink choices sounded like just what I needed after a long day of work. However, I made an oath to go 31 days without alcohol and I was sticking to it. Therefore, I chose the temperate liberations, a choice of refreshing non-alcoholic cocktails. There were two choices; Berry Straight & Narrow and Red Herring. My favourite had to be Red Herring, which is a mixture of rhubarb with apple juice, fresh lime juice, rose water, agave syrup and citrus foam. From the first sip, the citrus foam graced my mouth, tasting and tangy but refreshing taste, all it needed was a little shot of gin. The second non-alcoholic drink was the Berry straight & Narrow, which was made from raspberry and blackberry puree, cranberry juice, fresh lime juice, topped with ginger ale. I also loved this mocktail but was a little on the sweeter side. This was the first time, during my dry January period that I actually enjoyed a mocktail, as the mocktails at Mr Fogg’s are so imaginative.

18 October 2014

The decor is a matter of taste, but the 'theme' is followed to the last detail. Mr Fogg's is a true rarity in London, it is not a nightclub, though much more than a mere cocktail bar. This, I guess, makes it a night spot, the kind of place many of like so much when we travel out of town. The only possible criticism is that the booking process requires a bit of patience but the atmosphere, service and drinks make up for it many times over. Around the world in 80 cocktails, as they say.

Other restaurants near Mr Fogg’s Residence