Bars, South American·

SquareMeal Review of MNKY HSE

On paper, Mnky Hse seems all Mayfair style and no substance: a too-cool website vaunting the ‘discreet’ entrance, Instagram-friendly interiors, logo-heavy artwork and, of course, that jarring name. Fortunately, there is substance in the Latin American cuisine. Kick off with a Mnky Business rum cocktail for a smoky bit of theatre, before heading to the cavernous, buzzy dining room (celebs after ‘discretion’ may gravitate toward the cosy alcoves). From a tasting menu, we enjoyed crispy pork chicharonnes drizzled with salt and vinegar and dipped in a creamy pumpkin mole, before moving on to zingy seabass ceviche scattered with shards of dried purple sweet potato. Other menu highlights include an intensely meaty lamb shoulder taco, strips of Japanese wagyu beef that melt on the tongue, and flaky roasted stone bass on a bed of silky pearl barley risotto. Sweet corn cake comes with a bubblegum-like purple corn sorbet, and if dessert turns to dancing, there’s a huge spirits list with plenty of rum, pisco and Tequila. The staff are friendly, the crowd is bling and business, and your bill will be large. If this particular Mayfair glam is your thing, you’ll find more here than simply your next profile picture.

Bars, South American

London Restaurant Festival: 2 courses £25 add 1 glass of bubbles £29

From: 1 October, 2020
To: 31 October, 2020
Max: 6
From a set menu (3 courses £29 per guest add 1 glass of bubbles for an additional £4.) Tables will be allocated for 1.5 hours.
Availability: Sun-Thu 5:00PM-6:30PM,Fri-Sat 5:00PM-5:45PM

Location for MNKY HSE

10 Dover Street, Mayfair, London, W1S 4LQ

Mon-Sat 5.30pm-1.30am (Thurs-Sat -4am) Sun 5pm-12M

Reviews of MNKY HSE

Sangita A

08 July 2019
Great atmosphere, food was delicious and service was good.

Gabrielle P

28 June 2019
Food was lovely, decor was great. Tables are very close together though especially if you are sitting in 2's, you are basically sitting with another couple.

Lisa B

Almost perfect!
24 November 2017
MNKY HSE is a superbly fun restaurant that serves seriously amazing food. The fun starts as soon as you walk in and feast your eyes on the cool outfits the staff are wearing. I'm not sure if they have theme nights, but last night was very much about gypsy chic! Every staff member is beautiful and well turned out, but not so much that my friends and I felt out of place. The venue itself is as polished as the people working there, really up market and every detail has been covered off. There are plenty of round tables, perfect for big groups, and you're kind of crammed in, which sounds terrible but it adds to the intimacy of the evening. If you fancy hiding away, ask for one of the tables towards the back, and feel like you're eating in a secret tunnel alway from the masses. Continuing the fun theme, every place setting comes complete with a cute little monkey toy. They're cute, cheeky, and they have curly tails, perfect for hooking over your cocktail glass. After taking photos of our glasses covered in monkeys, we popped our new friends into our bags to take home to the boyfriends...cute! There are plenty of delicious cocktails to sink; the menu is full of the classics, but also some with a twist with unusual flavours. I found the cocktails yummy. They are made with premium spirits, loads of flavour and certainly no scrimping on the booze! The food here is something else, in fact, even though i've been horribly hung over today, I haven't been able to get the food out of my head. It's tapas sized, yet enough to order a load and share. Here's a few must-orders!: Sashimi peppers: make sure you order a couple of bowls of these, and I recommend the spicy ones. They're perfect for munching on whist enjoying drinks. it's also like a game of pepper roulette, as one in ten sashimi peppers is naturally spicy, it's just how they are. Sirloin with chimichuri: This is goooood! Sooo tasty! perfectly cooked, well seasoned and impeccably presented. Baby chicken: I didn't try this, but everyone who did LOVED it. Black cod: Amazing, so light and it separates into perfect creamy white flakes. Again, well seasoned and really fresh. You cant go wrong with any of the food, unless you're a vegan, in which case options are very limited so perhaps reconsider, or just go along for cocktails and monkey fun. Minimum order value for food is a hefty £87pp, or at least it was for our booking, so do check this as it could be an unwelcome surprise if you're not expecting it. Wine is expensive too, but the house wine is lovely. Sauvignon Blanc for white fans, and a really good Malbec for steak lovers. Service is good, although my steak was delivered to the table 20 minutes after everyone else's mains, but the staff were more than happy to throw a bottle of wine in free of charge to make up for it, so no grumbles. Overall, a restaurant I highly recommend; definitely worth having packed lunches for a month to save up for,

Simone B

30 May 2017
So me and my partner love top London restaurants with great food and atmosphere, so when we heard of the MNKY House opening we though "FANTASTIC". I have never been so disappointed from before I even stepped foot in the restaurant. We had to stand outside and watch the hostess telling a young lady that her dress was too tacky, we were in complete shock and this made me feel insecure about what I was wearing. Not a great start! We finally entered the restaurant, and was greeted by two young ladies who clearly did not want to be there. I had to ask for my coat to be taken, and 5 minutes later I got told I had been given the wrong tag and had it taken off me. I then was without a tag for my own coat, and the hostesses did not seem fussed by this. We had to wait an hour for hour table at the bar, which was extremely busy so the service was poor and slow. Finally we got seated and ordered and food, the menu was quite small and the food was rushed out to us. The portions were unacceptably small and the taste was a mere average. Our meal was done in 30 minutes and considering the price the whole evening was very upsetting. I would not recommend this restaurant to any of my friends or family.

Claudia O

04 May 2017
Ambience and food outstanding.

Other restaurants near MNKY HSE

You are requesting to book MNKY HSE for people on at .