Manjal

About Manjal

Manjal restaurant first opened in 2013 in Canary Wharf, London. The name Manjal is from Tamil Language for turmeric, which is a spice widely used in Indian and Sri Lankan cuisine to add flavour and prevent harmful bacteria from living in the food.

Our owner, desired a truly authentic and high-quality restaurant serving Indian and Sri Lankan cuisine. He himself is passionate about food and continues to motivate our team to provide the best possible service and food to our customers.

With our Loughton restaurant opening in 2018, we now have two locations, while not compromising on the authenticity and quality of our food – so expect lots of heat and flavours that will remind you of South India and Sri Lanka!

Indian
Group dining [8+]

Location for Manjal

3 Turnberry Quay, Pepper Street, Canary Wharf, London, London, London, E14 9RD

Reviews of Manjal

14 March 2014
I ordered a mutton curry. all I was doing was picking tiny bones out of my teeth all night. If I had let my 5 year old try this she would most likely be dead. How I myself didn’t choke I will never know. They are very good to first time customers I must say…The first time I went I was really impressed. It all went downhill on my 2nd visit and I will never order from there again. My office ordered from here once (they have a special offer for local businesses) Many of the people in my firm are vegetarian so they ordered the veg option but was given chicken. when we called up and explained what had happened the person on the phone was very rude and accused us of ‘not ordering the veg option’ which I honestly could not believe. When a customer complains they should not be accused of lying. this was incredibly insulting…anyways moving on…when our meat eaters opened their curries (this is not an) they were given 2 cubes of meat each…value for money??? there was not a point in sending a curry so small. Overall if you call them on the phone they are rude, keep going away from the phone like they dont want to talk to you and they NEVER know their prices which i find very odd. basically if you are into poor value for money, poor customer service and currys that can kill then please be my guest and eat here.

Mr. Graham L

Something a bit different
09 September 2013
Not your standard Indian fare – and all the better for it. A wide range of really interesting dishes, and the choice of how hot you want them, all indian restaurants should be like this. Service really good, and a very pleasant place to spend an evening. The next time I end up back in a normal curry house, faced with a chicken madras swimming in oil, I just know I'll want to be in Manjal's instead.

Mr. Adam S

Great new restaurant
02 May 2013
Had a great night at Manjal – the location is idyllic and the food and service are fantastic, will definitely be visiting again. Lots of different dishes with varying levels of spiciness, caters for everyone.

Mr. SUJOY R

Excelent food and service
04 April 2013
Visited the resturent last night. We are very picky on Indian food and were hesitent first in visiting it, however inside it was exactly what we wanted. Me and my wife really enjoyed the pure taste of Indian food. Very well priced and the service is professional and in calmly manner. Really made our evening and we have already made plans for our next visit. Thank you Manjal, please never change the food quality :) Roy

Other restaurants near Manjal

You are requesting to book Manjal for people on at .