Lowcountry Bar & Eating House

North American

Call Lowcountry Bar & Eating House to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of Lowcountry Bar & Eating House

Regional cuisine from the southern wilds of the USA is the headline act at Lowcountry – so expect a menu loaded with seafood gumbos, bourbon shrimps, moreish maize-coated green tomatoes and slow-braised ‘fall-off-the-bone’ racks with a whiskey-laced BBQ sauce. The cavernous space is decked out with huge booths, and there’s a dedicated ‘raw bar’ for seafood junkies and those who want to avoid the blaring top-40 music in the main dining area; also note the outdoor beer garden complete with its own smokehouse.

Good to know about Lowcountry Bar & Eating House

North American

Location for Lowcountry Bar & Eating House

4 Fulham High Street, London, SW6 3LQ

Opening Times of Lowcountry Bar & Eating House

Mon-Sun 12N-10pm

Reviews of Lowcountry Bar & Eating House

Ms/Mrs. Elisabetta R

Great venue for dinner and drinks.
27 September 2013
I was pretty excited to go to Lowcountry as a friend of mine who lives local talked about it so many times to me. I decided to book a table for my parents and myself yesterday evening (thursday, 26th of september). There wasn´t that many people but a few tables having dinner. We chose a big table in the lounge area, we were tempted to sit outside in the massive garden but it was a bit cold so we decided to stay inside. The menu offers you lots of different dishes, and the wine list is huge as well. We ordered the voodoo wings to start with, huge chicken wings with a very delicious hot sauce. Then the mains came, fried chicken for me, and my parents were sharing the lowcountry tower. The only bad thing I can say about my dish is that it was a lot of food! But the waitress said to me that she could prepare the rest for take away. lovely creamed spinach and sweet potato fries on a side. The lowcountry tower looked just amazing! Scallops, shrimps, crab meat, oysters, and different sauces. Very tasty and fresh seafood. When finished we stayed for a couple of drinks and played ping-pong tennis, imposible to beat my dad! Funny night, overall. Great atmosphere, delicious food and very attentive service, well done guys!

Mr. Eric S

One of the worst places I've ever been to
24 August 2013
I've never written a review before but felt I had to to help others! We went for brunch before the Fulham game today, got there in plenty of time. Coffees and drinks came promprtly but food didnt arrive for an hour despite repeated “it's just coming” “it will just be 5 mins” . There were 6 of us, food came in 10 min intervals, all of it was cold. Toast was soggy bread, eggs were cold. Pancake was only redeeming dish. Kitchen was a complete shambles and we actually went in to get a couple of the meals. They didnt charge us, but really, we should have charged them

Mr. Wil G

Low, slow and bearly edible .......
22 August 2013
Iv never written a review before but after this experience i felt compelled to. My girlfriend and I had visited the restaurant/bar before as its very local and decided we would check out the food before going to the cinema. We arrived and hour and half before the film was due to start, leaving us plenty of time to enjoy our meal at at leisurely pace and then make the film. We ordered two burgers, two sides and a drink each. The drinks took about 20 minutes to arrive. I could understand if the bar was packed but it was half filled at best. After about 45 minutes we had to ask politely if our food was en route. We were reliable informed by the manager that the kitchen was falling apart. Great! We witnessed staff members rowing with each other and being taken to the side for a good talking to. It was like a stepping into faulty tower but without the funny bits, just a nasty tense atmosphere. When the food did turn up there were items missing which never turned up, like my girlfriends side or the sauce for my burger. By this stage it was so late we just ate (distinctly average grub) and left. I would have made a complaint at the time but they all seemed to be awol. This place has changed hands more times then i care to remember and it seems this one is destined for the same fate. They should have left it as on old english boozer, for which it stood for many successful decades. I would strongly advise anyone to avoid at all costs, its alright for a drink as long as you don't want an atmosphere but forget an enjoyable dining experience, as its not on the menu.

Mr. Jack G

17 January 2013
Went with a party of 12. Really poor place. Very empty. food quality was terrible. Place was freezing. The location wasn't great either. Staff were nice – but it just felt dead in there. Sorry.

Mr. Jamie R

13 August 2012
found this place by chance after picnics in Bishops Park and were amazed from start to finish, Thank you to the whole team, from managers to chefs. Chefs were friendly cooking on the BBQ and even happy to serve us, and the food was amazing. Go just for the wings and fried green tomatoes alone…Will be booking my birthday here and everything else i think going forward!! Lobsters where you can choose your own, oysters which were the best my partner ever had (and she is well travelled). Great sports on TV, with TVs in the garden too!! Cool bottled beers to choose from around the world, Dixie from New Orleans was pretty cool too! One of my friends tried the burger with smoked cheddar and was amazed!! Ignore the negativity Lowcountry, just keep doing what you do, its a shame more people dont review when they go out when its great, cos there were tons of people there when we went and they were all happy, yet no-one reviews!!

Ms/Mrs. Suzanne G

19 July 2012
A good find for us locals. I have eaten here a few times now. taking different friends, and it hasn't failed so far. I can't understand the review about the burger, each time a burger is ordered the guest has been asked how they prefer it to be cooked, (and it is such good quality that anything more than medium rare is a waste). The steaks too are fantastic, marbled and very tastey. Shrimp and grits is my favourite, with Fulham mess for pudding. The staff are lovely, willing, but maybe inexperienced, and if it ever stops raining get a table in the spacious garden!

Ms/Mrs. LJ B

05 July 2012
This is a refreshingly new eating experience, we first visited with friends and came back for more. Would definitely recommend this fabulous eating house to family and friends and with a great outside space it's ideal for corporate events and celebrations. With an extensive menu we were spoilt for choice and in London what a surprise to find affordable freshly cooked food, with friendly service and a comfortable dining experience, they even have a healthy childrens menu! We will be back very soon to sample more of their mouthwatering choices. LJB

Ms/Mrs. charlotte V

20 June 2012
terrible food (my daughter's hamburger was raw in the middle) and service. worst restaurant we have been to for years.

Other restaurants near Lowcountry Bar & Eating House