Il Baretto

Italian

SquareMeal Review of Il Baretto

Old-fashioned at heart but with big-city appeal, Il Baretto is that rare thing – a restaurant with a subterranean space that can be just as thronged and atmospheric as the pavement-level salon. Downstairs, the wood-burning oven is a major feature, and the daily bread is recommended alongside starters of grilled courgettes, burrata paired with vitello tonnato or a carpaccio of Sicilian red prawns. On the pasta side, readers reckon the truffle macaroni is “out of this world”, while a pairing of home-made tagliatelle with pesto demonstrates the kitchen’s unfussy confidence. It’s back to the fiery mouth of the oven for pizza crudo, topped with Parma ham, rocket and Parmesan, and there’s also a selection of hefty grills. Pudding goes flavour-first with tried-and-true combinations ranging from peanut mousse with caramelised banana to pannacotta with cherries. Service is “traditional”, the better to serve a compendium of regional Italian wines.

Good to know about Il Baretto

25% off food only

From: 7 November, 2018
To: 7 May, 2019
Max: 5
If the guests run over the promotional time, no offer applies. Minimum spend of £28 per person. Not available on 14th February.
Availability: Sun 6:30PM-7:30PM 9:00PM-10:00PM,Mon-Fri 6:00PM-6:45PM 9:30PM-10:30PM

2 Course Set Lunch Menu: £24.50

From: 4 January, 2019
To: 30 June, 2019
Max: 6
From a set lunch menu. 3 Courses : £29.50, 4 Courses : £32.50 90 min seating time per table Offer does not apply to other promotions & discounted bookings on any Special Events Days & Holidays.
Availability: Mon-Fri 12:00PM-3:45PM

Location for Il Baretto

43 Blandford Street, London, W1U 7HF

Opening Times of Il Baretto

Mon-Fri 12N-4pm 6-10.30pm Sat-Sun 12.30-4pm 6.30-10.30pm

Reviews of Il Baretto

Terrible Italian that wants to be upscale and will take you for a ride
16 April 2016
I have been a few times to Il Baretto, which I have always thought of as an expensive and over-rated place. This visit is definitely the last. It is extremely expensive for a very basic, unsophisticated, Iralian menu. I don't mind basic Italian but not at such prices. We asked for a side of pasta to accompany the veal Milanese and they brought us a whole main course of pasta with cream and mushrooms which we did not asked and told us quite rudely that they do not do sides of pasta. They brought me a minestrone with cheese in it! That was a first and told us there was no way they could make one without. I imagine these are made earlier with cheese. Not very good for a restaurant that expensive undeservedly. The person who took our orders was rude by which I mean that each time we made a comment or asked for something, he couldn't do it. Anyway in the past I would have a paid a more for a local italian restaurant for ease purposes but Il Baretto has just gone too far. Don't go unless you like to feel like you have been cheated.

Ms/Mrs. joselyn L

You must try this hidden gem!
29 May 2015
Great cocktails, fabulous food, good vibe and accommodating staff what more can you ask for? Try it, I can't imagine anyone being disappointed.

Ms/Mrs. Maribelle B

A firm favourite
02 March 2015
We have been regulars at Il Baretto for almost a decade and it is consistently excellent. Our top favourite Italian in London.

Mr. Andreas P

Moron at the door
20 July 2013
I arrived at 2102 for a 2100 reservation of a table for 2. I was told I was first to arrive and was taken to the table. Half an hour later when I almost gave up on my dining companion I realized that he had been shown to a different table . So two people waited in vain for 30 minutes. When I complained the staff were almost not apologetic and absolutely no offer was made to make amends or offer a free drink or discount to the bill. This is an arrogant establishment manned by staff who have no job being in the business if they treat customers with such contempt.

Ms/Mrs. Neil M

24 November 2012
It always has a really buzzy atmosphere. The food is good but like the wine list above normally pricey!!

Ms/Mrs. Cara N

15 September 2012
One of my favourite local restaurants and my go-to Italian. I believe Il Baretto to be underrated.The food is very well-presented and consistently delicious while not being pretentious and overpriced. Perfect for a quick weekday lunch or a long evening meal. My favourite things on the menu are: Starters: Burrata with Parma Ham (£15.50) Yellowfin Tuna Tartare (£10.50) Mains: Linguine with lobster (£19.50) in a tomato, sweet chili, garlic & white wine sauce Chicken Paillard (£14.50) Burrata Pizza (£17 – which sounds like a lot for a pizza but it is out of this world) with fresh burrata, tomato & fresh cherry tomatoes One downfall of Il Baretto is the staff. Getting an attentive and knowledgeable waiter is quite rare however I don't believe this to be a huge problem and the quality of the food makes one forget about the poor service. At least the kitchen staff know what they're doing!

Mr. clive L

01 July 2012
A great disappointment. Overproced for mediocre standard of food which arrived on cold plates. Bill arrived and table cleared without being asked for. ''''We have people waiting'' was the poorly delivered explanation.. Obe to avoid

Ms/Mrs. Claire T

09 March 2012
We were recommended Il Baretto by a friend, but unfortunately after reading some of the reviews online I was a little apprehensive. Anyway we decided to go along anyway. We ended up having a great evening. The food was uncomplicated yet fantastic. I will definitely be going back.

Mr. Gerry K

16 January 2012
I have now tried the resturant 3 times. Each time the service was awful. The manager and assistant manager are the most rude individuals that i have ever met. How do they think they can get away with such poor service. Its too bad. I hope the owner reads the other reviews as well and sees a common theme. Thats the last time i will go.

Mr. Eric A

12 August 2010
Food is not bad. Unfortunately the place is too popular —- even on a week night —- and the staff have a terrible attitude. So expect to wait 45 minutes after the time of your reservation before you can sit down, and don't expect the staff to be sympathetic.

Other restaurants near Il Baretto

You are requesting to book Il Baretto for people on at