Gustoso Ristorante & Enoteca

Italian, Mediterranean

SquareMeal Review of Gustoso Ristorante & Enoteca

“A great local find” chime fans of Gustoso – a “sweet” neighbourhood ristorante that also offers the oenophile pleasures of an enoteca, plus an interior piled with provisions. From the same Claudio Pulze stable as Al Duca and Osteria dell’Angelo, this place is also greatly appreciated for its relaxed, family-friendly vibe, gentle prices and uncomplicated trattoria food – from sliced-to-order Parma ham to homemade pasta and more besides. Aperitifs and nibbles are available at the bar, while the full menu offers authentic flavours ranging from thin-cut vitello tonnato or a risotto with cuttlefish ragù to fritto misto, beef tagliata or pork fillet with savoy cabbage, raisins and apple sauce. To finish, try nougat parfait with hazelnut and chocolate sauce or pick from the selection of artisan cheeses. “Happy, willing staff” get good notices, and there’s a substantial list of Italian regional wines.

Good to know about Gustoso Ristorante & Enoteca

15% off food

From: 4 April, 2019
To: 31 July, 2019
Max: 6
When ordering a minimum of 2 courses from the a la carte menu.
Availability: Sun 12:30PM-2:30PM 6:00PM-10:00PM,Mon-Thu 12:00PM-2:30PM 6:00PM-8:00PM,Fri-Sat 12:00PM-2:30PM 6:00PM-10:00PM

Location for Gustoso Ristorante & Enoteca

35 Willow Place, London, London, SW1P 1JH

Opening Times of Gustoso Ristorante & Enoteca

Mon-Sat 12N-3pm 6-10.30pm (Sat -11pm) Sun 12.30-4pm 6-9.30pm

Reviews of Gustoso Ristorante & Enoteca

David H

A fundemental change of mind
05 February 2018
It's not often that a revisit totally changes my view of a restaurant's worth, but this time it did. To recap, I visited Gustoso for the first and only time a few years back and had a pretty mediocre meal though served by smiley and helpful people. Then a few weeks ago I needed a restaurant for lunch in that area, and looked around. I just didn't find anything that was really dragging me towards it so with some trepidation I booked Gustoso , noting the good reviews and hoping that I'd just caught in on a bad day last time. I have to say that we came away delighted. Same smiley people and good, brisk service, but this time everything we ate was tasty and great value. The soup, pasta special and calves liver mains were all nicely cooked and altogether we had a very pleasant meal. Our two courses each with coffee and a bottle of a decent Nero d'Avola came to £68 including service - great value we thought. Its not a gourmet restaurant , won't win a Michelin Star but has a good wide choice and tasty food . I'm pleased to have been wrong and will have no hesitation in going back

Hollie F

Great local lunch find!
17 September 2015
Local to the office, very happy and friendly staff, so willing to help! great food!

A great find
20 August 2015
Had a really enjoyable evening meal for four. Menu and specials all sounded enticing and wine list looked very good (if a little pricey!). The waiter was very attentive, allowing me to taste before buying the wine and he had a great sense of humour which only added to the overall enjoyment. Food tasted excellent and I would highly recommend this place for Italian food lovers.

Mr. Claudio C

Good family-looking restaurant
26 May 2015
Found this restaurant on-line where it had good reviews so I took a chance arranging a family event there. The location was a bit off the beaten track but I was not disappointed at all.The one point maybe to make is entry level prices for the 'house' wines was a bit higher than I would have expected. Other than that the food was of good quality - the Sardinian flat bread was a real treat!

Ms/Mrs. Frank C

Not As Gustoso As One Would Like
10 March 2015
This is a very pleasant neighbourhood restaurant in Victoria where the denizens must find it difficult to find anything other than a tourist-laden fast food outlet. It is a cozy restaurant with the ambiance of a place that is loved and run by a tightly-knit family. The food, sadly, does not come up to scratch. The starter was very promising. I had an excellent thinly cut veal with tuna sauce that was as delicious as it was well presented. My main course, tagliatelle with wild boar ragout, was not good. It had that starchy taste of a pasta dish that has spent the previous night in the fridge. It had all the hallmarks of the reheated dish and I seriously doubt that it could have been freshly made. Others in our party of four had lamb in skewers and the lamb pieces were both overcooked, dry and far, far too small. I was reminded of hors d-oeuvres at a large reception. Service is attentive and the friendly atmosphere was engaging. Gustoso should, however, remember that the principal objective behind going out to eat is to eat, and eat well.

Mr. Bernard S

Nice, neighbourhood feel.
01 December 2014
A very nice Italian restaurant. At a Sunday lunch sitting, there were plenty of Italians, some of them clearly regulars which is always a good sign. The service was excellent. Some other reviewers have commented that the portions are on the smaller side, which is true, but this has the plus of making a 3 course meal possible.

Hollie F

Great Local Italian
03 November 2014
Gustoso is a great local Italian, never fails!

Mr. Gautam S

22 June 2014
We were a party of 10 on a Friday evening. From the outside the place looked like any other local italian and I was expecting a very average dining experience. The interior however was quite fresh and roomy and the service more west end than high st. The food was fresh. There was a lot of fish on the menu which I enjoyed. Pasta seemed to be homemade. The desserts were the only part of the meal which I thought were average. Overall definitely worth going if you are in the area.

David H

Great attitude, good service, pleasant surroundings, but only average food
14 December 2013
Our first visit at lunchtime today, and the welcome process was super and rapid, no waiting for the menu or wine list, or water, or a glass of wine, or placing your order, and all done very pleasantly indeed, creating a positive attitude that lasted right through the meal. What with that and the basket of mixed breads with a good Sardinian oil, we fully expected to be impressed. Sadly that wasn't to be solely because the food we ate wan't special at all and certainly three of our four courses were very much lacking in flavour. It's a pity when they are clearly trying hard and getting so much right , and I must admit to feeling a bit guilty to write a review of such a pleasant place. But if reviews are to be of any use they have to be honest. Sorry. I'm sure we'll give it another try- maybe today was just a bad day for them.

Mr. Reda S

Great little Italian tucked away in Pimlico!
17 November 2013
I came here for dinner with a friend. We were both in the mood for sumptuous italian food but we wanted something local. What a gem we found! The service from start to finish was perfect. The right amount of engagement and attentiveness. The food was excellent. I adore zucchini fritti, and theirs was delicious and well presented. My friend had the special of burrata cheese and salami which was equally heavenly. Our mains, the ravioli and the tagliatelle, came in good portions and tasted fantastic. We're fans of Montepulciano, and they had just the right bottle for us. It was a quite high end but we were happy to pay and it tasted heavenly. For dessert, the home made tiramisu. I've never had better tiramisu in London. We enjoyed everything about this place, and we will definitely be heading back for more!

Other restaurants near Gustoso Ristorante & Enoteca

You are requesting to book Gustoso Ristorante & Enoteca for people on at .