Freud - Shaftesbury Avenue

Bars

Call Freud - Shaftesbury Avenue to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of Freud - Shaftesbury Avenue

Purchased from the shop upstairs, chrome Cinni desk fans (& anything else, so long as it came in matt black) were the epitome of style when Freud first launched. In the mid-80s, securing a decent cocktail in London was difficult; a generation on, you’re spoilt for choice, but this familiar boho bar/café-cum-art gallery remains as popular as ever – particularly for its lethal Long Island iced tea & other comfortably priced classic cocktails. It also touts toasted sarnies, salads & equally affordable, all-day comfort food to enjoy while you catch up with friends you’ve actually met or Tweet those you haven’t. One-time arty/muso habitués such as Swing Out Sister & Curiosity Killed the Cat may be passé these days, & it’s hardly the place for cutting-edge media darlings, but Freud plods on regardless.

Good to know about Freud - Shaftesbury Avenue

Bars

Location for Freud - Shaftesbury Avenue

198 Shaftesbury Avenue, London, WC2H 8JL

Opening Times of Freud - Shaftesbury Avenue

Mon-Sun 12N-11pm (Thurs-Sat -1am Sun -10.30pm)

Reviews of Freud - Shaftesbury Avenue

Ms/Mrs. Eleanor S

My favourite of all of London's salads
17 April 2013
I've been coming to Freud since I was little, so I suppose I'm biased. It's where I go when I'm alone in the West End and I need a pick-me-up; I wander in, grab a paper and order the three cheese salad, which never fails to set me up for the rest of the day. A huge bowl filled with dreamy slabs of goats cheese, brie and gruyere (there are others to choose from, but once you've found a winning formula, why mess about?) accompanied by generous triangles of pitta bread, grapes, raisins, assorted nuts and olive oil sprinkled lettuce leaves. It really is beautiful. My sister always goes for the soup of the day, which is usually a really interesting – and very successful – flavour combination. It comes with chunks of farmhouse bread and butter. Late afternoon is time to roll out the cocktail menu and I think I've probably tried about 60% of them over the years. It is increasingly tricky to find a well-priced alcoholic treat in central London nowadays, which is why I pray every time I'm in there that Freud never packs up shop!

Other restaurants near Freud - Shaftesbury Avenue

You are requesting to book Freud - Shaftesbury Avenue for people on at .