Fish

Fish!

SquareMeal Review of Fish!

Given its location right by Borough Market, it’s no surprise that this family-friendly seafood restaurant is often overwhelmed by hordes of obsessive foodies and their families. Outdoor terrace seats are the clear favourites, although the glass structure means you never feel too far from the action. A menu of sustainable seafood includes home-smoked salmon, dressed Dorset crab and a perpetually popular fish pie. You can also pick your own species, which can be grilled or steamed to order and served with sauces of your own choosing (hollandaise or salsa verde, say). Seafood restaurants may not be an obvious choice for breakfast, but Fish! does early repasts on Friday and Saturday – plus Sunday brunch featuring grilled Scottish kippers and nostalgic fish-finger sandwiches.

Fish
Lively
Breakfast
Child friendly

Location for Fish!

Cathedral Street, London, SE1 9AL

Mon-Thur 11.30am-11pm Frid 11am-11pm Sat 10am-11pm Sun 10am-10.30pm?

Reviews of Fish!

Ms/Mrs. Charlotte H

Amazing!!!
09 November 2016
I have been here a few times before and it is always amazing. The food and wine is great and the staff are lovely. I am booking Fish! again for my birthday at the end of the month. Well worth a visit.

More than Fish!
28 April 2015
Easily accessible by train and tube, made this restaurant an ideal location for an after-work catch up with friends. The service level was excellent, with the waiters on hand when you needed them without being overbearing. The casual ambience set the tone for a relaxed evening. The menu, surprisingly, offered a reasonable selection of appetisers, mains or set meals. I was faced with a fish dilemma, compounded when I learned they also served meat. Finally settling on Thai fish cakes to begin, and a 3-tiered club sandwich served with chips as the main, I took sips from a refreshing, ice-cool, jug of lemonade which held generous slices of lemon to keep it tasting fresh. The jug - shared between 3 of us - needed to be re-ordered by the time we were done with the appetisers. The Thai fish-cakes, served with a sweet-chilli dip and rocket, were delectable. Next up, the club sandwich meal, was served. It arrived as two huge triangular pyramids framing a mass of chips. The pyramids made up of 3 slices of bread, with large chunks of smoked salmon and coleslaw between the bottom two slices and large chunks of tomato and swordfish between the top two slices. Too large to simply lift and bite (though I still tried!). The chips, fried and earthy tasting, were to be seasoned to taste with Salt and Pepper pots on the table, along with vinegar and ketchup. The meal, too large to devour, meant the crusts of the bread were dismissed and the chips shared. We were left to enjoy our food, and enjoy we did. So much so, that we took up the desserts menu, and ordered warm chocolate brownie and a scoop of vanilla ice-cream to top off our indulgence. These came, and in contrast to the meal, were both small and not noteworthy. Though, not to be wasted. We were given ample privacy, and time to chat after our 3-courses were over, with the table cleared of our dishes as soon as it was noticeable we had indeed finished. I thoroughly enjoyed my evening, and the lovely vista of the shard immediately visible upon stepping out of the restaurant made it feel a lot more expensive than it was.

Ms/Mrs. Lidia S

Casual with a view
13 August 2013
Had a very pleasant meal at Fish restaurant in Borough market. Located by Southwark Cathedral and easy to find, food was cooked and presented just right. Staff were polite and friendly and the ambience is informal and relaxed. Even if you are not a fish-lover like my partner, you can have a very good meat dish. Also good value with the set menu but not too expensive you cannot venture to a la carte. Could not fault it !

Other restaurants near Fish!

You are requesting to book Fish! for people on at .