SquareMeal Review of Fish Market

The carefree, nautical side of D&D London’s Old Bengal Warehouse revamp, Fish Market has quickly earned the trust of City folk keen for a quick bite and a glass of wine. The decor is perfectly pitched with its aquamarine ceiling, bright tones, white brickwork and marble bar, and there’s fine-weather alfresco seating, too. Food-wise, a selection of crustacea (sold by the half-pint) is a good place to start, followed perhaps by smoked-haddock Scotch eggs or Ortiz anchovies with shallots. More substantial fare might include baked fillet of bream with artichoke, pancetta and cockle butter or “the best” fish and chips, while the 80-strong wine list majors on fresh, zingy whites, with the odd show-stopping white Burgundy thrown in. “Very attentive” staff, “spot-on” cocktails, and a two-course set lunch for £16.50 make Fish Market quite a catch.

Fish

Mon-Sun 7-10.30am 11.30am-10.30pm

Reviews of Fish Market

Gemma T

31 July 2018
Food & Service was fabulous.

STEVEN P

15 June 2017
Excellent value superbly fresh fish.

Nicolette G

15 June 2017
Great food, good value, excellent service.

Irene F

31 July 2014
Went for a catch-up with a girlfriend over food and wine. As we both like fish we picked this restaurant but alas there was not that much fish to choose from which was odd since the venue is being marketed as a fish restaurant. Having said that the food was good, I enjoyed my meal and so did my friend who as there was not that much ion the fish menu to choose from went for the duck leg instead. Staff are friendly and polite, service is good, decor nothing special. Chairs are like garden chairs inside and out and I would have preferred to sit more comfortably. Later in the evening it got really noisy inside so my friend and I spent the remainder of the evening in the outside seating area. Would I go again? Yes, but not if I had to pay full price.

Patricia S

05 April 2014
This was our first visit to Fish Market and it certainly won't be our last. The staff were so welcoming and the atmosphere great. The food was divine! Would like to try the outside eating area when the weather gets a bit better.

Peter W

06 March 2014
I was well looked after on a recent visit to the Fish Market and was impressed by the following; 1) Quality of ingredients that spoke for themselves without being messed about with too much. 2) Staff were personable, willing to chat when appropriate, but discreet and efficient otherwise. 3) A good choice including special 2 course evening menu, a full menu and daily specials to offer something for most customers and appetites. I will return

Jenny C

Pretty good
04 February 2014
The food here is generally quite good, however on the occasion that I went I had to send my mussels back because they were really gritty. That is is not good for a fish restaurant! I would return however as that was possibly a one-off. The service is excellent.

Emmanuel X

Calm, tasty and attentive
08 October 2013
Impromptu Friday night dinner here and was pleasantly surprised with both service and atmosphere. Wasn't too busy or too loud, food was excellent, cocktails spot on and staff very attentive. And most importantly, i didn't feel ripped off. BONUS.

linda W

freshest fish , luscious lobster and superb staff......who could ask for more!!!
06 August 2013
Great atmosphere and such a great choice of menu, we loved the mixed fish starter, my friends fish and chips the best he had tasted and the Lobster was almost as good as the one I had in Boston MA. Love this place for the value, lovely warm service and great food! Try it!

Margaret J

Fresh Fish!
14 June 2013
Loved the fresh fish at Fish Market and especially the smoked haddock scotch eggs. Delicious.

Other restaurants near Fish Market

You are requesting to book Fish Market for people on at .