El Parador

Spanish, Tapas

Call El Parador to make a booking on:

About El Parador

“A lovely tapas restaurant”; “fantastic food at great prices” – you’ll rarely hear a bad word spoken about El Parador, where classic flavours, effervescent vibes and rustic good looks combine to make one seriously seductive Spanish venue. With so much garlic and verdant extra-virgin olive oil on the menu, it’s hardly surprising that everything tastes so good. All the classics are here, alongside a few “interesting extras”: boquerones, calamares and albondigas share the billing with, say, bacalao al piquillo (baked salt cod with piquillo peppers, shrimps, garlic and wine) or panceta con cidra (rolled pork belly braised in cider). Vegetarians are treated to some big, bold flavours too, from textbook tortilla to grilled courgettes with spinach and sunflower seeds, while everyone can indulge in sweet treats of orange crème caramel or Santiago tart. El Parador also boasts a beautiful courtyard garden – “perfect for alfresco lunches in summer”.

Good to know about El Parador

Opening Times of El Parador

Mon-Fri 12N-3pm Mon-Sat 6-11pm (Fri-Sat -11.30) Sun 6.30-9.30pm

Reviews of El Parador

10 November 2013

The food is excellent and service very friendly. I think because we went on a Saturday evening, it was ‘very’ busy and noisy, but still very good. Every dish we had was terrific.

27 January 2013

I've visited here several times with friends, relatives and work colleagues in varying size groups. We have all loved the food and the atmosphere.It is probably the best Tapas I've had outside of Spain and is as good as Fino (but not as smart) however, it is considerably cheaper. I must admit on my first visit when we were seated in the basement room I was a bit apprehensive, but once the place filled up and the food arrived, all my concerns disappeared. The waiting staff are overstretched at times, but I have always found them to be friendly and there is no attitude if I have to remind them for part of our order. Favourite dishes are the beetroot salad, sweet potatoes, belly pork and octopus. OK it's not the fanciest restaurant in town, but with food like this, who cares.

25 July 2012

El Parador is local to our work and so has become a regular place to take visitors at lunchtime. On each occasion the food has been interesting, tasty, plentiful and value for money Ok, the place doesn't look in the least bit fancy and the staff can get stretched when it is busy, but they are always helpful with recommendations. All in all a great value lunchtime venue – and in the summer, the garden is a really nice place to eat in a sparse part of town for that sort of thing.

01 November 2010

Don't know what planet the other reviewers where on when eating at El Parador but I had a meal there last week and I thought the food was excellent, the hake and cod quite simply out of this world, the Calamares unlike others I have had in some of the more well known Tapas Eateries in London where succulent and melted in my mouth, the meatballs nice and moist in a rich garlicky and tomato sauce, had a few others things and where all spot on. Yes it is very busy and at times noisy but that's the price you pay for eating in a successful and well looked after Restaurant, apparently its been around 20 years …they must be doing something right… will return Nick D

06 May 2010

I am sorry but I would not consider this restaurant for “best tapas” No way!!! I arrived around 18:00 (opening time for dinner) and they looked like upset. I had Grilled Octopus (not fresh at all) and spiced chorizo (extremely salty) No way that I would recommend this restaurant, ever!!! Go to Cigala, barrafina or Tapas brindisa if you want to have a real taste of Spain. Max

Other restaurants near El Parador

You are requesting to book El Parador for people on at