SquareMeal Review of Drunken Monkey

Dim sum, cupcakes, cocktails, ice teas and iconic bottled beers are not the least of the Drunken Monkey’s attractions: fans also like its louche Shanghai Lil interior, eclectic beats fresh off the decks, happy-hour price deals, poker nights and fun cocktail masterclasses for 10 or more alumnae. Highballs worth high-fiving include the mango mule, oriental ginger sour and lemongrass gimlet. Simian features (an El Dorado rum, basil and pineapple Collins) is another on-theme worthy, while cocktail jugs at £16.50 are perfect for monkeying around. Order great steaming buns of dim sum goodness from £3, along with pot-stickers and plates of rice and noodles. The golden-walled Concubine Room is perfect for discreet private bashes.

Good to know about Drunken Monkey

Mon-Sun 12N-12M (Sun -11pm) Sat 6pm-12M

Reviews of Drunken Monkey

Overall great experience.
27 February 2017
Good food, good service, great cocktails and reasonable

Never disappointed
02 April 2015
Having been abroad for some time this was my return visit after nearly two years, what can I say, it was exactly as I remembered even down to some of my old favourites being on the menu. The staff were friendly and did what they needed to do, no extra flouishes but they're really not needed anyway. The food was great and the mojito's fab! A great place for a causual leisurely lunch or a buzzing evening. Don't miss out on the Honey Chicken!! Now that I'm local again I will definitely be returning.

Ms/Mrs. Alice H

09 July 2011
i Really like this place its always livly no matter what time ive gone past it the other day i thought to myself why not go in and see what its really about! so i did with a few mates and oh my, place is amazing we got a nice lunch there before going back to work. its been a week now and im still thinking about Drunken Monkey and its food! i didnt know they Deliverd untill a friend told me about my mysalivation.com now i Can get that wonderful food at home!.

Mr. Chris C

05 May 2009
We go the the Monkey often as our office is right on Bishopgate We have alot to chose from around here but we always to back to the monkey – the waitresses are friendly, we always feel welcome, and the food is such good value. we do the set menu which is so much food and it makes it so easy to split the bill when we go out after work they do a great happy hour and on mondays sometimes i'll meet my mates there and do cheap bbq mondays – free ribs when you buy 4 beers all in all highly reccomended

Ms/Mrs. laprima5000 L

05 May 2009
Went on a Friday night after work and I LOVED it. WE all met up just for a quick drink but then the next thing we knew the vibe was great and we were onto our second cocktail and then the DJ s came on and that was it – we stayed on until we could get a table and had such tasty dim sum for such a good price a couldn't believe it. A great place to get together and hang out with friends and people watch as well. So many types – City, Shoreditch crowd – everyone seemed at home. So the Drunken Monkey will be a regular favourite of mine. The service was fine for such a crowded Fri nite – I don't understand what people are complaining about – they were actually really nice and cool even though the bar was crowded they took time to be polite to us and explain what was in our delicious cocktails.

Ms/Mrs. Rachel C

01 February 2009
Visited the Drunken Monkey on a Saturday night for Dim Sum and cocktails. The drinks were poorly mixed and whilst discussing this my friend noticed a cockroach running across the table. She trapped it with her martini glass and altered the wait staff, who looked absolutely horrified. The management however seemed unconcerned and offered us another drink on the house for free, dismissing the cockroach as a result of recent building work. We declined the offer of another drink and left immediately. Will not visit again. Dirty and overpriced.

Other restaurants near Drunken Monkey

You are requesting to book Drunken Monkey for people on at