Call Dalla Terra to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of Dalla Terra

An urbane London take on the Italian enoteca, Dalla Terra (‘from the earth’) brings together a café, wine bar and wine boutique in the trendy St. Martin’s Courtyard development. A popular rendezvous for the after-work and pre-theatre crowd and a bolthole for Saturday shoppers, it boasts marble surfaces, loungey chairs by an open fire and swanky contemporary detailing, with an all-day kitchen and friendly, knowledgeable staff to back things up. Coffees and pastries give way to lunchtime paninis, impeccably sourced charcuterie boards and salads, while dinner is a celebration of seasonal ‘cucina povera’ – think melting beef carpaccio with rocket, caciocavallo cheese shavings and a generously drizzle of truffle oil or confit pork with preserved broad beans. A 180-bin, all-Italian wine list includes many exclusive labels, with over 30 by the glass; all bottles are available to take home.

Good to know about Dalla Terra

Dates

Location for Dalla Terra

25 Slingsby Place, St Martin’s Courtyard, WC2E 9AB

Opening Times of Dalla Terra

Mon-Sun 11.30am-11.30pm (Fri-Sat -12M) (Sun -10.30)

Reviews of Dalla Terra

Super wine bar in Covent Garden
29 March 2018
One of the best Italian wine selections of any restaurant outside of Italy. Plus wines from all over the world. Meats and cheese platters sourced from Borough Market, so always delicious.

23 July 2017
We've been regulars to this Enoteca for a couple of years now. A perfect place for any social events. The wine choices are impeccable and the staff always make you welcome with big smiles, guiding us to the right direction with wine selection and food. Fantastic homemade Italian food and their premium antipasti boards are second to none. Highly recommended for dates, meeting friends, family... for drinks and snacks or drinks and food. Thumbs up!!!

15 July 2017
Called in again for a meal and drink before theatre,I find this place so welcoming and friendly even though I am in the older age bracket,always ready to advise on the right wine with my menu choice. Thank you again.

Ellen F

Cucina Povera but not in a good way
06 October 2014
In this instance "cucina povera" would translate better as "poor food" rather than "slow food" as the home page of this restaurant would have it. I should have paid more attention to the website before suggesting it for a pre-ballet bite as I would have noticed it has a "concept" page, which is code for overwrought, over thought and overpriced food. I had a black rice prawn and tuna superfood salad whilst my friend had the prawn, courgette and saffron risotto. The statement on the website that the menu is designed around seasonal produce is not exactly accurate- we had this back in summery July and the menu on the website is exactly the same in autumnal October- but the statement that dishes are "small and light" certainly is accurate. So accurate that my friend complained to the waitress that 3 prawns do not a prawn risotto make, and I must agree, particularly as the whole portion could have fitted in to the palm of your hand. Bizarrely the waitress replied that that was "how the owner wants it"! What? Bad? She had the grace to look rather sheepish after saying that and then went off to the kitchen and came back with an extra portion 10 minutes later (when we had finished and were ready to go). But I rather suspect my friend had wished she hadn't bothered as that night she was as sick as a dog, so god knows what was going on in the kitchen when creating that extra couple of mouthfuls. My food was quite flavoursome although slightly over lemony and with very little identifiable prawn or tuna and again a small portion. Perhaps this place would say it's a wine bar rather than a restaurant but I can't say I was blown away by the wine list anyway (btw, they charge a £10 corkage fee if you buy a bottle "in house" and a wine by the glass costs up to £25). It's a good location but the atmosphere is nothing particularly special (although I liked the toilets). It seems this place is less about making homely, traditional, peasanty "cucina povera" and more about making the owner "ricco".

Great place
27 January 2014
We have been coming here for sometime now but we just happened to discover they had started a new menu, which is just amazing. There's also lots of new wines and a good selection of labels from other countries for the first time. We had Bresaola wrapped around celery with white truffle butter, crab with lime and chilli, and scallop carpaccio with our wines. We ended the night with Affogato. All the dishes were made with fresh quality ingredients and were very light and tasty. We were all pleasantly surprised and had such a good time catching up. Our waiter and sommelier were very friendly and made our evening enjoyable and personal. We shall keep going back as this seems like a place where they are always going the extra mile to make the evening special and they've certainly achieved that with their new menu.

Ms/Mrs. Elisabeth S

Highly recommended
17 July 2013
A fabulous discovery for after theatre wining and simple but excellent dining. I went to this one-year-old Italian wine bar a couple of nights ago with two friends and will definitely be returning. The friendliness and attentiveness of the staff was second to none, but not intrusive in any way. The only sadness about this restaurant is that, although in a charming courtyard, it is having difficulty in obtaining a licence from Westminster City Council to serve either food or drink on their tables outside after 9pm, in spite of another restaurant in the same courtyard not having this restriction. So if you go there and like it too, perhaps you too would write to the Council (as I have) requesting reconsideration on this point. And in weather such as we are enjoying at the moment, it does seem particularly unfair!

Other restaurants near Dalla Terra

You are requesting to book Dalla Terra for people on at