Hawksmoor Seven Dials

Steak, British

SquareMeal Review of Hawksmoor Seven Dials

“The best steak in London, by a mile”, declares one reader, and we have to agree. The beefy Hawksmoor chain somehow manages to get everything right, from its glorious 35-day-aged steaks supplied by The Ginger Pig to its creative cocktails – all presented by staff with a genuine passion for service. It's easy to understand why there are now six branches in the capital (and another in Manchester), though this atmospheric site in the old barrel-vaulted Watney Combe Brewery is one of our favourites. Start with Old Spot belly ribs or sweetly caramelised roast scallops with white port and garlic, before taking your pick of the beefy cuts chalked up by weight on blackboards. Perfectly crisp triple-cooked chips, gut-busting macaroni cheese or grilled bone marrow make happy companions, but we urge saving some space for the addictive salted caramel Rolos too. The comfortable bar deals in burgers and lobster rolls as well as brilliant drinks, though between the hours of 3pm and 5pm Monday-Friday, you can dine from the full a la carte menu when booking in advance. Sunday lunch sees roast rump of Longhorn beef with all the trimmings for Sunday lunch. “Great for big groups and for couples”, notes one fan.

Good to know about Hawksmoor Seven Dials

Child friendly, Dates, Group dining [8+], Special occasions

Location for Hawksmoor Seven Dials

11 Langley Street, London, WC2H 9JG

Opening Times of Hawksmoor Seven Dials

Mon-Thurs 12N-3pm 5-10.30pm Fri-Sun 12N-11pm (Sun -9.30pm)

Reviews of Hawksmoor Seven Dials

Wonderful afternoon - definitely recommend!
22 February 2017
We had a lovely time at Hawksmoor on Sunday. the staff were very welcoming, polite and professional. Our waiter in particular was fantastic, he was very knowledgeable and approachable. We both had the Sunday Roast with beef. Absolutely delicious! The beef was amazing, the potatoes were perfectly fluffy but crisp. Great amount of veg and gravy and the Yorkshire was lovely and not at all dry (as most can be). We also had a pudding – the peanut butter shortbread, on our waiters recommendation (as we couldn’t pick between a few) and we loved it! Simple yet very effective a perfect end to the meal. Overall a great experience and good value for money, we will definitely be recommending the chain and will be returning.

Hollie F

Always a winner for steak
26 October 2015
I know that if my boss wants a good steak restaurant, to book Hawksmoor!

Ms/Mrs. Rebecca L

A terrible disappointment
04 February 2015
I had extremely high hopes for Hawksmoor Seven Dials, having read the rave reviews, which makes my experience all the more puzzling and disappointing. I visited on a Sunday afternoon with hopes of sampling the roasts. However, I was told when we sat down that roasts 'always run out early'. I really do find that bizarre - if you know week on week that you're running out of something, why not order more in next week? Next we were told that 'some cuts' had sold out. The problem was that most cuts had sold out, leaving only two or three of the more expensive options. I wasn't blown away by my choice - it was ok but lacked seasoning, was very fatty and didn't have much flavour despite this. The chips were slightly overcooked and the broccoli undercooked (and I do love my vegetables al dente). The service was nothing short of terrible - at every point in the evening we were always trying to catch a waiter's attention, whether it was to initially order food or to ask for more drinks. Furthermore, my second glass of wine was incorrect when it was brought to me. I politely pointed out that I'd requested a different glass and instead of just apologising and changing the wine the waiter said to me: 'but that's a white wine, you ordered red.' I very rarely drink red wine so most definitely did not order a glass of red and know enough about wine to know what I'm ordering. I'm not a difficult customer and I'm polite so really, why not just change the glass? I'd say that on a positive note, the surroundings are very cool and there's a lively atmosphere but this didn't improve a distinctly sub par dining experience. There are plenty of places in London where you can get better steak and better service for much cheaper - dare I say, a Gaucho?

Ms/Mrs. Rebecca L

A terrible disappointment
04 February 2015

Ms/Mrs. Christina W

21 August 2014
I live in Yorkshire but was in London with my husband for a day for a business meeting in Covent Garden. I was catching a late train back home & wanted to find somewhere in the WC2 area that served good food early, at a reasonable price. I have only recently joined Square Meal & thought it would be a good place to look for a recommendation. As a result, I picked Hawksmoor Seven Dials & booked a table for 5pm. When we arrived we received a nice welcome & were shown to our table. Our waitress was really friendly & helpful & explained the menu options. We chose from the 2 course Pre & Post-Theatre Menu, which represented good value at £24 per person. We both ordered the Hawksmoor Hamburger, which was cooked to perfection & was accompanied by a delicious & generous portion of chips & buttered greens. We followed this with the Peanut Butter Shortbread, which was a little dry but okay. The service was speedy but attentive & the atmosphere was buzzy & fun. We both enjoyed our meal & would return again to perhaps sample the steaks next time, which looked absolutely delicious!

Mr. Alex W

22 July 2014
Hawksmoor is as ever a delight to enjoy. I took advantage of the bring your own bottle for £5 corkage on a Monday deal which meant it was a slightly less indulgent way to spend a Monday evening. Food excellent, and the 7 Dials Hawksmoor has a nice intimate atmosphere some of the newer restaurants seem to lack, so all positives.

Mr. Harry C

21 July 2014
The title says it all! By far the best beef I have ever had, melts in your mouth.

Ms/Mrs. jane B

14 April 2014
I celebrated my 15 year anniversary here. Food was delectable, great atmosphere in the bar – good drink recommendation and even shared some bubbly with one of your colleagues celebrating their birthday. Must try the Butter Infused Old Fashion!

Ms/Mrs. Sylvia K

Hawksmoore
05 June 2013
great for steaks. good service and atmosphere

Ms/Mrs. Penny K

Amazing porterhouse steak
10 May 2013
I took my boyfriend here for lunch on Bank Holiday Monday as he loves steak and had been given the Hawksmoor book by a friend last year, so we've been meaning to go for a while. Our only disappointment was that on one of the warmest days of the year so far, we were having lunch in a basement restaurant with no natural daylight!!! However, this didn't dampen our spirits too much. The service was very efficient and slick and our waitress was absolutely fantastic; polite and knowledgeable. We decided to share the porterhouse which was a succulent T-bone steak and fillet steak sitting on opposite sides of a bone. It was absolutely fantastic. The meat just melted in the mouth and I didn't need the béarnaise sauce that I had ordered on the side, it was already sufficiently tasty. We couldn't eat it all as it was a lot of meat, but they suggested we took it away in a doggy bag, which my boyfriend then polished off for Tuesday's dinner. I really wanted to try the salted caramel rolos which were listed as a dessert, but we were too full to eat them. Again, they said we could take them with us and arrived shortly afterwards with the glistening morsels in a lovely little presentation bag for us to consume at our leisure. I am happy to report that they were incredible! Also, on a Monday you can bring your own bottle of wine and they only charge £5 corkage – regardless of the size of the bottle! Very useful to know… My one little gripe is that the tables are very close together, which is a bit of a bugbear of mine, as when I go out for a meal, I don't want to feel that I've been joined by a few strangers on either side!

Other restaurants near Hawksmoor Seven Dials

You are requesting to book Hawksmoor Seven Dials for people on at .