SquareMeal Review of Côte Kensington

There are Francophiles behind this nationwide French brasserie group – that much is obvious. Every last detail, from the rattan terrace furniture and patterned tile floors to the bentwood chairs and mirrored walls, has been borrowed from across the Channel. But Côte isn’t backward-looking; it’s a modern interpretation of a classic concept that’s designed to suit the British market. It also ticks off all the classics when it comes to food and wine: you can always find steak-frites, moules marinière and crème caramel here, as well as the bottles of Chinon, Picpoul and even Orangina you might want to quaff with them. ‘Plat rapides’ such as hachis parmentier or poulet grillée, plus fortnightly changing specials including duck confit are useful additions to the carte, as is the ‘formule’ breakfast of full English, juice and coffee. A solid high-street presence.

French

Location for Côte Kensington

47 Kensington Court, London, London, W8 5 DA

Mon-Fri 7am-11pm Sat-Sun 8am-11pm (Sun -10.30pm)

Reviews of Côte Kensington

Awesome!
27 January 2014
Didn't really know what to expect when booking this restaurant – my husband put it down to another chain and wasn't expecting much!!! How wrong can you be. We had a fabulous meal. The service was wonderful – attentive, but not smothering. The food was plentiful and the price was very good. Clean plates all round and very happy customers : ) Would definitely go again and recommend it to friends. Thanks Cote and thanks Square Meals (first time of using your service) PS. the candles in my husbands dessert was a lovely touch (had informed Square Meals on booking that it was his birthday … information passed on to restaurant and they were very discrete about asking me who's birthday it was).

Ms/Mrs. Diana W

Casually elegant
26 August 2013
Booked this restaurant based on the reviews here on Square meal. Not disappointed. Fabulous meal..I had the pork belly and it was divine. Our waitress was speedy and professional and took care of all our needs. The meal ended with a little glass of liqueur. We recommend and will go back next time we are in London.

Ms/Mrs. Tiara W

03 March 2011
With a movie to catch in under an hour, my husband & I hoped Cote would be up to the task of a quick meal and pleasant ambiance- which it was. Our server was attentive and had asked if we were under time constraints and was very helpful. We chose from the rapid plates menu- steak frites & moules frites. Food was served promptly and moules were very fresh, though heavily garlic sauce (which I liked, but not for everybody). Frites were thin cut, but not shoestring style, and our server refreshed our mayo mini-bowls without us even asking. Husband said the steak was great & he was eyeing my frites in case I gave up on them- which I did not. Ambiance was 3/4 full restaurant, a mix of 20 to 50 year olds, dressed smart casual (saw a few jeans lurking) and a few LV bags. Nothing scary, good looking people, safe bet for Sunday evening. We thought it looked the best of the restaurants on this little alley. Cote would fall into the “good for a pre-something dinner”- not necessarily a destination in itself, but a safe choice. Some other restaurants I like: Sketch (Parlour & Gallery), the Wolseley, Electric Brasserie.

Ms/Mrs. Julie S

02 August 2010
Cote was an ‘ad hoc’ choice from this website, for a pre-proms meal. The food and the staff were first-rate, just sorry we didn't have time to stop and linger over dessert and coffee… what an excellent reason for a return visit, as if we needed one!

Other restaurants near Côte Kensington

You are requesting to book Côte Kensington for people on at .