City Caphe

Vietnamese

Call City Caphe to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of City Caphe

Tiny, inconspicuous & only open at lunchtimes, this Vietnamese café tucked down a narrow lane near the Guildhall is nevertheless ‘a welcome addition to the Square Mile’. The setting is colourful & canteen-like, with red stools, a few tables & family snaps on the yellow walls, while the menu is short & to the point: ‘reasonably priced’, French-inspired bánh mì baguettes are the star turns, with fillings ranging from roast pork, chicken & beef to tofu. Otherwise, the kitchen rolls out gutsy street food along the lines of spicy lemongrass noodle soup, classic pho, summer rolls & vermicelli salads. To drink, it has to be Vietnamese coffee (cà phê), served iced or hot. You can eat in or takeaway, but be prepared to queue when the rush is on.

Good to know about City Caphe

Vietnamese

Location for City Caphe

17 Ironmonger Lane, London, EC2V 8EY

Opening Times of City Caphe

Mon-Fri 11.30am-3pm

Reviews of City Caphe

Mr. Alex B

A proper Pho when you get cravings
22 August 2013
On a drizzly day, I had a craving for pho – a quick google later I find this place, less than 4 minutes from my new office. I think I found my new lunch place. Excellent stuff, really tasty and fresh. I have had worse phos in much more expensive places. The range of summer rolls and other tasty food was also inviting to come back here for more exploration. All in all, really happy I found this place.

Ms/Mrs. Sabrina G

10 February 2011
Never will many eateries score so highly for me as this simple, unfussy new addition to the city. Initially hearing my colleagues ramble on about it made me think it was some dodgy Cafe, serving up greasy Vietnamese fare but oh how wrong I was. Delilcious, simple, reasonably priced and thoroughly welcome in the Square Mile! Great salads, Banh Mi baguettes, lovely warming Pho noodles and great meat/rice dishes all under £6. A complete and utter bargain if you ask me; no wonder the place has queues outside the door each lunchtime.

Mr. Alan G

05 November 2010
Well if their Autumnal beef stew is anything to go by, this place is a cracker. Very slow cooked beef as you would make at home, fresh Vietnamese herbs and bean-sprouts, and very well produced bread. A very welcome addition to the square mile.

Other restaurants near City Caphe

You are requesting to book City Caphe for people on at .