Christopher's

North American, Steak

SquareMeal Review of Christopher's

Christopher's may have celebrated its 25th anniversary in 2016, but the handsome Grade II-listed Victorian building has a longer history than that and was once home to London's first licensed casino. There's no need to take a gamble on the menu, which is a selection of reliably good stateside staples: juicy Maine lobsters and prime steaks hailing from the US, Scotland and Australia are the winning bets, but you'll also strike lucky with moist Maryland crab cakes or slow-cooked pork belly and Ibérico chop served with Boston baked beans and creamed corn. Lighter choices include fresh salmon carpaccio with a zingy tequila and key lime dressing, but you're likely to lose all will-power when you see the line-up of decadent desserts such as New York cheesecake or chocolate, peanut butter and caramel tart with espresso ice cream. Brunch is always a big deal here too, with readers rating the 'build-your-own pancake' menu, "delicious options" and "really lovely atmosphere".

Good to know about Christopher's

North American, Steak
Big and bold, Buzzy, Fun, Glamorous
Brunch
Dates, Group dining [8+], Romantic, Special occasions

Location for Christopher's

18 Wellington Street, London, WC2E 7DD

Opening Times of Christopher's

Mon-Sun 11.30am-12M (Thurs-Sat -1.30am Sun -10.30pm)

Reviews of Christopher's

Ms/Mrs. Paula T

Pre-Theatre Dinner
02 November 2017
Couldn't fault our dining experience, would recommend and definitely go back

Very good meal
30 September 2016
In looking for a pre theatre restaurant near the Aldwych came across this restaurant. Excellent choice. We actually chose from ala carte rather than pre theatre menu. 3 of us had different cuts of steak and all were cooked perfectly. Great service, well worth another visit.

Simple but worth every penny
10 September 2015
I have eaten here a few times and love this place. The menu is nice and easy and you know exactly what you are getting. Ambiance is really nice, this was a good place to take my family for a Sunday brunch. Cocktails were all very nice and the service was great. Nothing was overpriced

Christophers
08 February 2015
Excellent pre theatre meal. So well organised. No time wasted yet we didn't feel in the least bit rushed. The restaurant has plenty of space between the tables and so we didn't feel cramped. The food was absolutely delicious and cooked to perfection. Our meal at Christopher's meant that my husband and I started our weekend in London, refreshed, relaxed, and feeling rather spoilt!

Ms/Mrs. Carleen W

01 August 2014
We were greeted at the front entrance and asked whether we would like a drink in the bar or go straight up to the table (we were a little early). We decided to go straight up and were again greeted with a smile and taken to our table. It was a lovely booth for 2 by the window. Very romantic and we were very pleased! We were immediately given bread and olives, whilst we waited for our cocktails to arrive. The caramelised scallops were cooked perfectly, and the butternut squash went very well. I was happy! I ordered the tasting steak selection, and the Wagyu beef was absolutely exquisite! I would go back just for that. The sirloin was a bit fatty for me, but did taste delicious. The Boston Beans were magical! They had a lovely sweet taste, also like there was a hint of some kind of bourbon – whatever was in it, it made the beans taste wonderful! The Red King Crab was also incredibly tasty, with the selection of sauces – very rich, but went well. The baked almond, chocolate and mandarin pudding was also delicious! We had a scoop of salted caramel ice cream on the side, which was presented wonderfully on a long buttery biscuit. I will definitely be going back, I loved the food and the cocktails and the service was very good. I couldn't fault it!

Ms/Mrs. Ania B

11 May 2014
I treated myself to a brunch on Saturday at Christopher's. The place itself is quite nice, although I noticed a few wilting and dying flowers which seemed to have been there for too long. The service was very good: friendly, relaxed and attentive but not overbearing. The food was tasty, although the portions were somewhat on a small side, so not necessarily the best value for money. I would go again though.

Ms/Mrs. Julie C

27 April 2014
My daughter and I booked this restaurant as it was near Covent Garden and we were going to the Theatre. On arrival we were made very welcome and then we were taken up the huge staircase lit by Tea Lights The room for dinner was bright and airy with crisp white table linen. The service, the food, and overall ambience was great, and we will definitely return with rest of the family. I would highly recommend this restaurant if you want something a bit special in a lovely setting. The only negative and it is a very small one is that I felt the tables for two were too close to each other.

28 March 2014
Great first experience of this well known restaurant. Martini Bar very atmospheric with great service and a smile…rare these days. Loved the buzzy atmosphere in the restaurant and the decor was a delight for lunch time. Excellent lunch from the set Menu. Delicious and just the right amount …we will be back. A super find in a useful spot. Thanks to all

Mr. Colin S

28 February 2014
A great place for lunch. A combination of old Colonial feel, state of the art cuisine. excellent service and pleasant decor. Fixed lunch menu is well priced with good range of choices. A la carte is expensive, but the food is excellent. Fabulous wine list. Look particularly for the outstanding wines from USA. Busy but not noisy.

Mr. Keith G

Refurbished at last
07 February 2014
I had been looking for an excuse to visit since the refurbishment and I am glad I did. Invited a colleague for a lunch and the room is lovely as was the food on the set lunch menu which represents good value. The food itself was excellent just the gap in service between starter and main inexplicable. My salad starter was delicious – Waldorf style, my main the BBQ rub steak tasty and well executed. It was the perfect environment for a business lunch in Covent Garden, vibe outside, calm indoors…

Other restaurants near Christopher's

You are requesting to book Christopher's for people on at