Charlotte's Bistro
Charlotte's Bistro

SquareMeal Review of Charlotte's Bistro

The term ‘neighbourhood restaurant’ might conjure up a variety of images, but does that include a shelf stacked with about 30 varieties of gin? This is Charlotte’s Bistro – sister to Charlotte’s Place – and it’s a neighbourhood restaurant with nobs on. The front bar area is a draw in itself, with those gins deployed to winning use in bang-on Martinis and a variety of cocktails from classic to creative. Head up the steps to a cool, contemporary dining area at the back for plates of classy modern food. Ingredients are well chosen, with hearty dishes to the fore: the likes of glazed lamb’s tongue and slow-cooked ox cheek. There’s proper refinement in the delivery, though, with starters such as gin-cured salmon with bitter lemon and pickled cucumber up for grabs, followed by pan-fried bream with mussel chowder. Everything on the European-focused wine list is available by glass, carafe or bottle.

British
Cosy, Fun, Lively
Dates, Group dining [8+], Special occasions, Special occasions

Location for Charlotte's Bistro

6 Turnham Green Terrace, London, W4 1QP

Mon-Sun 12N-12M (Sun -11pm)

Reviews of Charlotte's Bistro

Tristan M

Lovely Family Meal
11 November 2015
I visited Charlotte's W4 with my family and have to say we thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The staff were fantastic, from opening the door for us on entry, to playing with our little daughter to paying great attention to all details of the service to opening the doors for us as we left. I felt the staff were very knowledgeable about the menu and had some great recommendations. We had a selection of starters, with the mullet tartatre standing out hands down. For mains we had the Lamb, Venison and my wife had the vegetarian option which she would normally never go for but enjoyed it thoroughly whilst we thought the meat courses were outstanding! Of course I was the only one ordering dessert but as soon as it arrived more spoons had to be brought as my dad, wife and daughter just couldn't resist that chocolate mousse! I would recommend this little gem in Chiswick to anyone and I will be returning.

Ms/Mrs. kg F

04 September 2012
We will not return to Charlotte's and would NOT recommend it. Here is why: Visited last night with 2 friends. The restaurant was empty save for us. The menu was very limited and extremely pretencious; very little appealed to any of us. But the indifferent service was overwhelmed by the the pricey menu. Set courses only … no a la carte selections even on a Monday. Despite being empty, there was no flexibilty with choices. We decided not to stay and are delighted to have enjoyed a lovely well-priced meal down the high street at The Roebuck.

Other restaurants near Charlotte's Bistro

You are requesting to book Charlotte's Bistro for people on at .