Chamberlain's

Fish

About Chamberlain's

An atmospheric labyrinth across four levels of Leadenhall Market, "welcoming" Chamberlain's has a setting for most occasions, from intimate dining à deux on the mezzanine to power lunches upstairs and people-watching through the huge windows fronting the market. The kitchen delivers stylish food that aims to please, with impeccable fish as the star – thanks to links with Billingsgate wholesaler Chamberlain & Thelwell. Graze on tangy herring roes before melt-in-the-mouth foie gras with sweet spiced bread and pineapple chutney or Orkney scallops paired with Mangalitsa brawn, lardo and a rather overpowering onion purée. Elsewhere, truffles are generously shaved over sautéed turbot, and prices reflect the luxurious theme – so seek out the set menu if the company isn't paying. Desserts are inventive ideas including an upcycled take on jelly and ice cream with yuzu and rose. "This restaurant has it spot-on", says a fan.

Good to know about Chamberlain's

Fish
Traditional

Special offers from Chamberlain's

Set menu: 2 courses for £22 or 3 courses for £27 & a glass of prosecco

From: 22 January, 2019
To: 26 April, 2019
Max: 8
Enjoy 2 courses for £25 or 3 courses for £27 from a set menu and a glass of Prosecco on arrival.
Availability: Mon-Fri 5:00PM-9:00PM

Reviews of Chamberlain's

garry B

Linch
22 June 2017
This continues to be a good restaurant for very good fish, well prepared and presented. The potted shrimp is recommended and the mixed fish grill well cooked, and also recommended.

Ms/Mrs. Sarah G

Delightful
29 April 2015
This restaurant has it spot on - in the heart of Leadenhall Market, the food, ambience and service is excellent. Nothing to add really other than will be returning.

Fantastic
22 March 2015
Fantastic meal here at Chamberlains today. On arrival was welcomed by a friendly young man who took our jackets and showed us to our table. Our waiter for the meal welcomed us and offered us drinks. I ate the butternut squash soup for starter with delicious homemade crusty bread followed by roast beef with all the trimmings the beef was medium rare it was perfect and melted in the mouth. The roast potatoes are to die for ...simply the best. For dessert i had the chocolate tart with vanilla ice cream was perfect every mouthful was enjoyed. To finish off this fantastic meal i had a nice coffee and honeycomb . our waiter was very friendly and professional and knew his food and wine menu well when we asked questions . A very friendly and welcoming restaurant . Looking forward to next time

Mr. Preston M

28 April 2012
Simply the best place to go for seafood . I had lemon sole with lobster and scallop. Delicious! Chamberlain's are a seafood wholesaler and source seafood themselves. Staff knowledgeable and really seem to care. The fish was – as always – excellent. What's compelling us to book up again very soon are the desserts! have to have the chocolate fondant at least one more time – my partner feels the same about the Pear with Port and Stilton ice cream… apparently Divine … !!

Mr. Ziad A

05 March 2012
went for lunch, the fish was excellent! Service was with a smile and would love to go again to experience the atmosphere at night.

Mr. Mart H

25 November 2010
Went last night as it was my partners birthday. The service was fantastic – not hurried, but prompt and efficient. We were given a choice of tables, and all were very nice. Chairs were very comfortable. Restaurant was very clean. I chose a warm crab and lemon starter which was really tasty, my partner had the fish soup. Both were very impressive. For main, I had seabass with spinach and artichoke leaves, which was very tasty and all the flavours and textures worked really well together. My partner had lemon sole with a lobster and vegetable mousse, which was incredible. For dessert, we shared the cheese platter which was a French blue cheese, and also Brie, and a very tasty mature cheddar. This was served with an apple chutney and very nice bread/crackers. We followed this with treacle tart, served with, cream, and this was not too sweet, but very buttery. Both of us agreed it was very nice. Small but welcome touches were complimentary duck pate before we had ordered and some lovely home-made honeycomb which was brought with the bill. The menu was not very extensive, but I could have eaten every dish on it. My only disappointment was that they had run out of scallops, which was a shame, but is to be expected as the reataurant is open all day. We both had bottled water, I has orange juice and lemonade, and my partner a glass of very nice champage. The bill with service was just under £140, and for the quality of food, service, presentation and ambience, I was very happy. I would definately reccoment it, and would certainly go back. It was a lovely experience.

Mr. Andy C

18 September 2008
For a relaxed business lunch the ground floor restaurant is an excellent choice. The freshest fish and chips with a good selection of wines all served with views of bustling Leadenhall Market. Service is attentive, unhurried and yet we were in and out in just over and hour.

Other restaurants near Chamberlain's

You are requesting to book Chamberlain's for people on at