Cecconi's Mayfair

Italian

About Cecconi's Mayfair

Brooklyn, Berlin, Barcelona, Miami – Cecconi’s has been shipped all over the world to great fanfare, but the original Cecconi’s Mayfair still holds a special allure for readers (and ourselves). Occupying a corner site on Burlington Gardens, the set-up is “faultless from the minute you walk in”: the decor “oozes class and sophistication”, while tuned-in staff can “answer any question”. Soft lighting, green leather chairs and zebra-striped floors radiate from a constantly buzzing bar, so settle in for a superb Italian-style aperitif before diving into the Venetian-inspired menu. The kitchen keeps things generous and gloriously simple, from perfectly crispy calamari fritti with lemon aïoli or zesty salmon tartare to rib-eye with broccoli and chilli or crab ravioli with perfect bite in a “sunshine” baby tomato sauce. Tables are at a premium, but spaces are always held at the bar, where you can pop in for a few rounds of Prosecco on tap while nibbling on cichetti. The vibe at Cecconi’s Mayfair varies with the crowd and the time of day – from hedge-fund lunches to weekend shopping treats and “testosterone-fuelled” Saturday jollies, not forgetting winningly enjoyable breakfasts.

Good to know about Cecconi's Mayfair

Opening Times of Cecconi's Mayfair

Mon-Sat 7am-1am (Sat 8am- ) Sun 8am-12N

Reviews of Cecconi's Mayfair

17 June 2014

Food is fresh and impeccable. Great for people watching- it has a fashionable and buzzy atmosphere. Service is friendly and attentive. One of my favourite places in London. Great for dining alone, taking a date/friend, or business dinner.

08 May 2014

This is everything you will have read and heard. Slick and glitzy are indeed the best words to describe it but this is not form over substance. Clients are a combination of sharp-suited city/ hedge fund types, very well-heeled local leisured class and international beau monde. This was a business dinner for me and the restaurant feel was buzzing and lively which sometimes meant we had to speak at a slightly higher volume than felt appropriate to compete with surrounding tables. We booked for 9pm but couldn’t be accommodated until close to 10pm. It was still well worth the wait and the volume of diners passing through hadn’t diluted the quality of the food in any way. Both my starter of Salt Cod and main course of crab ravioli were both full of fresh flavour and whilst I knew the sauce with the ravioli was verging on being a little too rich for me I just couldn’t stop until I had done it total justice. Just as I thought I could take no more, I cast an eye over the dessert menu and, well…you can’t come to a highly renowned Italian restaurant and not have the Tiramasu. It was the perfect consistency – moist, yielding and almost slightly sloppy in parts (sorry there’s probably a technical foodie term I should use but “sloppy” is just how a like a tiramisu to be), deliciously rich (again), and impossible to leave. I can’t believe I hadn’t dined here before because it really is a superb restaurant and can play host for any occasion – business lunch/ dinner, social, special occasion/ anniversary. Book well in advance and you will not regret it.

03 December 2012

I had been to Cecconi's some time back in November with some family friends of mine who are frequent diners here. I had the crab ravioli, which was to DIE FOR!!! Cheesecake was out of this world! Second time I came with a potential date for the Cheesecake, again, blown away! Third time I came with my sister and mother for my sister's birthday, and again, I cannot fault Cecconi's at all. The Lobster spaghetti was so delicious, that I could not eat any more and had to take some home. My sister loved her lamb dish and my mother adored her fish dish. I had recommened this place to a friend of mine, and he keeps going back. What can I say? Cecconi's, you are the best! I look forward to celebrating my 33rd Birthday at this decadent restaurant! Bellissima!

09 August 2012

If you fancy a spot of informal glamour and are unable to make it over to the likes of Milan, then Cecconi's hits the spot. There is very much a sense of those comfortable with their money here and the people watching is among the best in London. While all this may undoubtedly be true, the reason why people (including this reviewer) keep returning again and again is that it is very hard to fault what Cecconi does. The whole operation is slick and runs both smoothly and effortlessly day and night. Staff are friendly and efficient, swift and attentive. The ability to mix and match from snacks to mains allows for a diverse variety of combinations and one is rarely disappointed. On this occasion, delicate quail eggs were perfectly balanced by a tuna and caper sauce (from the cichetti menu), while crab raviioli to follow was cooked to perfection with the crab finely balanced by fresh tomatoes. My dining comrade enjoyed meatballs (also from the cichetti listings) and a salad, again prepared faultlessly. Importantly, despite the restaurant being busy, we were allowed more than ample to sit and talk at our table once the plates had been cleared away, a very welcome approach in what is justifiably always a busy restaurant.

06 July 2012

Bella Italia! Yes, it's true. Your colleague showing off about going to Cecconi's with his wife/girlfriend/client is proabaly not exaggerating. It is quite easy to overspend on Cecconi's lovely menu – and it's wine list for that matter. However, the place oozes with a sense of occaison and the simple understanding that this is a tiny enclave of a top italian restaurant transposed to London. A unbeatable location and a really quite pleasant terrace are futher advantages… Cecconi's fulfills a number of stereotypes, but – and so rarely in London these days – it delivers, and delivers and just when you thought it couldn't improve – it delivered some more. Grazie.

Other restaurants near Cecconi's Mayfair

You are requesting to book Cecconi's Mayfair for people on at