Cattivo

Call Cattivo to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of Cattivo

This casual Italian café and late-night bar is the second Brixton opening from the team behind Canova Hall and Hackney’s Martello Hall. Like its siblings, it’s a crowd-pleaser, serving up bottomless brunch at weekends, plus late-night DJ sets, cabaret shows, hands-on gin masterclasses and Super Soul Sunday sessions.

The varied menu includes cicchetti and small plates such as burrata and heritage tomato salad, deep-fried anchovies and pecorino croquettes with pea and mint pesto. Elsewhere, you’ll find spaghetti and meatballs, gnocchi, filled pasta and ragus. Our ‘slow and deep’ beef ragu with pappardelle didn’t quite live up to its name: the tough meat should have been melting. However, the house ‘nduja-fried chicken with jalapeño mayonnaise fare far better and was the best thing we ate.

Italian wines and Brixton Brewery beers are on the drinks list, alongside a tempting range of spritzes and cocktails. Try the In House, made with Cattivo’s own small-batch gin, kirsch, Chambord, maraschino syrup and elderflower tonic, or maybe a seductive shot from the absinthe list.

Bars, Italian

Tues-Thurs 12N-12M Fri-Sat 12N-2am Sun 12N-11pm

Reviews of Cattivo

Awful experience
15 March 2020

Really nice from the manager of the place to kick me out because I did not want a drink, I gave it back, I did not want to speak with him about it and I told him to leave me alone. He must feel upset at the point to call a security guard that when he seen me and listen to me did not take any action as was not necessary (I was sitting with my friend without making noise troubles or nothing to be kicked out). At this point he went to the other security guard and he could get me out. I went out without any problem and when I explain what happened and my friend as well, they both realised that was a childish reaction from the side of the manager (actually he is really young to be on that position and does not know the difference between personal and work). I used to work in that place and now not anymore ( he was a reason why I left) but as long as I pay for my drink I expect to be treated as a customer and not as school friends that can do whatever he want. There is a huge difference between being professional and being what he has been. I highly recomend avoiding this guy as e can be really rude sometimes and forget that is working and not on the street. His name is Jules and is assistant manager, to have a good evening in that place is better not to deal with him.

Other restaurants near Cattivo

You are requesting to book Cattivo for people on at .