SquareMeal Review of Camino Bankside

The life and soul of España oozes from every pore of this reliable mini-chain, which promises genuine vibes, gutsy food and authentic drinks. Camino is Spanish for ‘road' and the tapas menu here roams the country's regions – think platters of artisan charcuterie, Mallorcan cheese fritters with tomato jam, or potted crab with ‘chapata’ bread. Other good calls include duck stew, and hand-dived scallops with samphire and ‘ajo blanco' sauce, while an imported charcoal grill lends its smoky tones to everything from chicken livers and Basque steaks to presa ibérica (pork shoulder) with roasted aubergine purée. Imbibing is taken seriously, too, with sherries aplenty and wines from a long list of bodegas, plus jugs of sangria, beers and zingy cocktails. A Spanish brunch menu for the weekends is promised for this Southbank location, which is billed as a more casual tapas bar and includes an open kitchen, takeaway jamón counter and large outdoor terrace.

Spanish, Tapas

Christmas Parties
Event Party Venue

Location for Camino Bankside

5 Canvey Street, The Blue Fin Building, Southwark, London, SE1 9NA

Mon-Fri 12N-11pm (Thurs-Fri -12M) Sat-Sun 11am-12M (Sun -10pm)

Reviews of Camino Bankside

Sienna L

Nothing to write home about..
31 January 2017
Camino was quite average. I think there are nice tapas places in London. I was quite excited to go there as my friend and I tried to go to the Kings Cross branch one night but it was full and there was an hour wait. So we booked Camino bankside for a few weeks later. The menu looked great - everything sounded really nice. None of the 9 dishes we had between us were that incredible. They were nice, but nothing special. The baked goats cheese lacked a lot of flavor and it was very bread-heavy. The cheese fritters were really nice but the tomato jam that they came with was way too sweet. So sweet that it didn't taste like it had tomatoes in it at all. I can't fault the patatas bravas. My friend said that the cod and the ham croquettes were nice, but not delicious. The churros were good, but I have had better. Unfortunately our dinign experience was kind of ruined by the fact that the restaurants smoke or gas alarm kept going off every 20 seconds. The restaurant staff eventually turned it off altogether but this led to no equipment in the kitchen being able to be used which meant I had to miss out on the oyster mushrooms, and this is the dish I was looking forward to the most. the waitress was very apologetic and gave us the churros for free. I can't deny that the service we received was very good. But I don't think we will be going back any time soon unfortunately.

Other restaurants near Camino Bankside

You are requesting to book Camino Bankside for people on at .