Café Rouge - Cardiff St Davids

About Café Rouge - Cardiff St Davids

With a combination of delicious food, great wines and a real ambience, Café Rouge has embodied the style and je ne sais quoi of French dining since it opened way back in 1989. Now with over 90 sites across the country it's just the place to mull over the morning papers with a cafe au lait and a croissant, pop in for a spot of lunch, share a post-work drink or relax over an evening meal. The menu covers a range of French classics from croques and baguettes, ideal for a quick and easy snack, to more substantial fare such as steak frites and boeuf bourguignon. Likewise, the wines are predominately French; many made by lesser known producers, and provide the perfect accompaniment to the food on offer. No hassle, no rush, no skinny- decaff-double-shot-to-go, just a vibrant atmosphere that moves with your moods throughout the day.

French

Location for Café Rouge - Cardiff St Davids

St Davids Dewi Sant, Unit KUG03, 13 Upper East Side, Cardiff, Cardiff, CF10 2EF

Reviews of Café Rouge - Cardiff St Davids

Nigel K

Tasty meal with Tesco Clubcard points.
08 July 2017
Overall, we were impressed with our meal here. The restaurant was quiet, and our food arrived reasonably quickly. The atmosphere is definitely similar to that of a French cafe. We sat next to the foliage at the front, like you would be next to a pavement in France, though all this restaurant is undercover. My 5oz minute rump steak was tender, hot and had complimentary garlic butter served with it. My daughter enjoyed her Rouge burger. Both came with fries. Drinks were served promptly and a check given to make sure all was ok. It was value for money as we used our Tesco clubcard points, tlhough they often have offers on too. My only slight downside was the service seemed a little "quick", considering the restaurant was quiet. An example, they asked if we would like any sauces, etc. and started walking away before we finished talking. Also, on paying the bill, the waiter gave me the bill, then asked if the card was contactless, when I said yes, he moved the card over his hand held device, handed the card back to me, said thank you and walked off...I did not receive my card payment receipt, and he did not receive a tip! In short, this is a cheap and cheerful place to eat if short for time, a slight notch above other restaurant chains and has a good atmosphere. If you are looking for top class service, you pay for what you get and would be better off going to a more expensive place.

Other restaurants near Café Rouge - Cardiff St Davids

You are requesting to book Café Rouge - Cardiff St Davids for people on at .