Bloody French

Call Bloody French to make a booking on:

SquareMeal Review of Bloody French

The arrival of a new chef at this sleek, brick-clad modern French canteen has heralded a fleshed-out menu that mixes entrenched bistro classics with a few Med-influenced dishes such as spelt risotto with mushrooms & truffle oil or razor clams with salsa verde. But, if you’re after moules-frites or boeuf bourguignon, Bloody French won’t disappoint, & desserts of tarte Tatin or crème brûlée prove this friendly eatery hasn’t strayed far from its roots. Weekend brunch is popular with locals (including French expats), who pile in for the two- or five-course ‘formules’. Single-origin coffees & an interesting tea selection help to lure the daytime crowd, while the no-corkage policy from Sunday to Tuesday makes bringing your own booze an attractive proposition. Also check out the cheeky cocktail list.

French

Location for Bloody French

149 Westbourne Grove, London, W11 2RS

Mon-Fri,Sun 12N-10.30pm (Fri -11pm Sun 11am- ) Sat 11am-11pm

Reviews of Bloody French

Ms/Mrs. Lena U

03 March 2012
Very good value french restaurant where you have to share your table because they have only communal tables. We went there last saturday but we haven't booked a table. The restaurant was full but the waitress has offer us a glass of wine to make us wait. Food and wine were excellent and the service , wonderful. We'll definitly come back!

Ms/Mrs. Lisa M

21 February 2012
I went there with my French boyfriend as we were in search of a nice Sunday lunch when we stumbled across this place. I noticed the beef Bourguignon on the menu and asked the waitress if she had eaten it and if she thought it was great to which she replied it was the best. We also ordered some tap water. I was shocked when the beef arrived, I had a small lump of mash in the middle of the plate with five very small pieces of completely overcooked beef in some brown sauce. The beef was like chewing on rubber encased in sinewy fat and there was not an onion or vegetable in sight. Nor did the tap water arrive. Then when the waitress came to collect the plates and asked if everything was okay, I said no so she picked up the plates and left without a word. Why bother asking then? So for £12 I got a spoon of mash with five cubes of rubber. I won't be going back.

Ms/Mrs. bundy A

07 April 2011
My boyfriend and I took my mom out for dinner to Bloody French in Notting Hill. It's the second time I've eaten there and once again they didn't disappoint. The food is good, the wine was lovely and the ambience cozy. A good night and a definite place we'd go again.

Ms/Mrs. juliet S

04 April 2011
Very rude staff with bad english, hair in food and also plastic on the top of my soup – was this because it was microwaved…dont waste your tme or money

Varuni G

20 March 2011
Bloody French was quite empty when we got there on a Saturday evening however it was soon full post 8pm and a really nice atmosphere with the fire etc. Its definitely a date place. It seems to be very full of French people which was a good sign. I had the guinea fowl which was wonderful – creamy mash, beautifully cooked meat – it really was delicious. Unfortunately my friend wasnt so pleased with her meal. She had the duck confit which was essentially a shepherds pie with a tiny bit of duck at the bottom (shredded) – it was tasty in my opinion but she felt she was ripped off due to the distinct lack of duck! Just to warn anyone who might think this is the typical duck confit they are used to seeing elsewhere – it isnt! Im giving it a good mark plainly because my guinea fowl was perfect. For pudding – we had the tarte tartin and the chocolate pudding – both were again excellent and the overall bill was approx £50 for the two of us with alcohol. I was really pleasantly surprised and would happily go back. BTW – tips are cash only so make sure you bring cash if you want to reward the decent staff.

Other restaurants near Bloody French

You are requesting to book Bloody French for people on at .