Call Bill's Restaurant St Martin's Courtyard to make a booking on:

St Martin's Courtyard, 12 Upper St Martin's Lane, London, WC2E 9AB

Reviews of Bill's Restaurant St Martin's Courtyard

Great for family brunch
10 August 2015
We spent a Saturday morning hunting for somewhere that could offer us brunch, and thank goodness we found Bills as it was 12pm and we REALLY wanted breakfast! We had our toddler with us, so it was not easy finding somewhere large enough to allow for buggy navigating! The servers were extremely accommodating, never rushed us, and made us feel very welcome, despite having a toddler ;). I ordered the pancakes and fruit with crispy bacon, and my husband ordered eggs Benedict and the watermelon smoothie. Portion sizes were just right, the food came up really quickly, and it was tasty and fresh. Excellent value for money too. Would definitely come back.

Ellen F

Plan A
29 October 2013
Sunday afternoon, I wanted a burger (hungover) and I wanted to go to Five Guys. But I didn't want to queue an hour outside (hungover, remember) for what looked through the window like a regular Burger King with its counter queuing, bright lighting and plastic seating. So Bill's was Plan B. There was also a queue here but a more manageable 15 minutes and at the end of it was the promise of a seat, table service and unhurried hangover recovery time. OK, Bill's is a chain, so whilst it tries hard to have a homey, rustic vibe it is the same homey, rustic vibe you get in every other Bill's but that homey, rustic vibe works well and feels a bit different to many cookie-cutter chains. Produce lines the walls, ceiling to floor. Do they ever sell any of it or does it all go quietly out-of-date as time passes? It's decoration rather than retail, surely, but it succeeds in giving the place a “we care about ingredients” air. I could pretend I read the menu in detail but I spotted the burger immediately and looked no further. I would be willing to bet there is a chicken ceasar salad, a hummus wrap, and a lasagne on there somewhere. The burger was good: properly cooked, juicy enough, tasty enough, stayed in the bun etc but I've had so many good burgers since the great burger revolution that the only burgers that stand out for me now are crap burgers (and this wasn't one of those). Fries on the side were equally good and the coca-cola came in bottles, hurrah. The Eton mess pudding was a bit too creamy and needed more fruit and meringue so a run-of-the-mill pud like sticky toffee or chocolate brownie might have been a better choice. Service is a bit manic but very friendly and willing and happy to be interrupted mid-rush to another table. Bill's may be a bit predictable but when you're hungover and need a sure-fire thing, there's no shame in Bill's being Plan A.

Ms/Mrs. An S

15 May 2011
I went there at 11:45 with a friend. My friend had breakfast and I had coffee. The coffee was good, the breakfast average. The service was very poor. The waiters / waitresses were more interested in chatting to each other than the customers. I resented paying the service charge for such poor service.

Ms/Mrs. kelly R

13 April 2011
Went to Bill's for my other halfs birthday this past weekend. We love the Brighton Bill's so thought we would take a tour into the city and visit Bill's Covent Garden and see if the magic is there too. We were not dissappointed at all, have to say I felt like I was cheating on Brighton as we love it so but Covent Graden works well. As you can expect everything looks like Bill's should look. Colourful, lots of blackboards, relaxed waiters and the “worn look” tables and chairs. They have a nice outside area yet it was all shaded in the morning so it seems it may be quite sunny possibly in the afternoon. We had planned on lunch but ended up having breakfast as we got their earlier. Full english brekki and Eggs benedict with th eaddition of bubble and squeak was lovely as usual. To be honest I wasnt a fan of the bubble and squeak but it was the first time I have had it so I think it was more a preference rather than it not being nice. My other half loved his!. I had a raspberry, mango and something juice it was lovely, way way to large with a breakfast. Pity they didnt seat people upstairs as it is really nice up there and has an open kitchen which I like, will have to go back when they are busy enough to use both levels. Bill's as usual will be seeing us again.

Ms/Mrs. lissette T

24 January 2011
this place is slipping slack service – waiting staff ‘just passing thru’ wrong meals arriving dont respond to emails

Other restaurants near Bill's Restaurant St Martin's Courtyard

You are requesting to book Bill's Restaurant St Martin's Courtyard for people on at